turbo on 4psi

sameerb1

hi yall,
i recently bought a celica st185 swaped to 3sgte frm 3sge.
i installed a boost guage in it and it shows 4 psi on my first second and third and 4th gear attempts.
i ve been askin other people around in other forums and found out my setup of boost guage was wrong(i had 3psi before) so i installed it with instructiosn here from alltrac.net forum how to install it(from the left alone hose at the back of the intake where it says 2000 toyota).
anyways, i have couple of leaks from in the intake.
now my question is, could there be a problem with my boost guage? or is it because the intake has some leaks or is it actually my turbo is running on 4 psi boost?
help please!!!

Gary

It could be combination of all.
Low vacuum reading at idle indicate vacuum leak.

Check the boost gauge if it working properly.
Hook it up to the air compressor or other known pressure source.

Do all vacuum hoses connect properly?
There shouldn't be any hoses left hanging or uncapped vacuum ports.

It is normal that you boost 5 psi (0.35 bar) or less in 1st and 2nd gear.
But, by 3rd, 4th, and 5th, you should boost all the way pass 7 psi ( 0.48 bar).

toayoztan

To add my tidbit to Gary's advice...

Is the TVSV hooked up? Otherwise, you may be running on the WG actuator (which otherwise opens the WG at 4psi).

Any intake leaks before the turbo (from air filter to turbo), won't affect the amount of boost at all. Any leak after the turbo will affect the boost.

A low vac at idle will tell if you do have a leak, however it only will tell you any leak present after the Throttle. So with all this in mind, that leaves the area between the turbo and throttle body to be inspected for leaks. Only way to do this is just make sure all the clamps are tightened, try to hear, or use carb cleaner/soap water to see leaks visually while revving.

Bryan

sameerb1

i will try to post a pic of boost levels, at idle, at 3 gear max boost. and a picture of my hood. and can track wuts rong wit it!

could you please explain more wuts a tvsv? and how do i check it? if you can show me a picture explanation of checkin it even a link to any.
and please, i dunno the actual abrv. of stuff, so if you could write the complete word?! i m from middle east and english already isnt my first language and talkin in abreviations is much difficult for me to understand.
i guess i know the tvsv means turbo vacuum seal valve and wg is waste gate. but i dunno their actual positions.
so if you could do an actual picture checking from some website and i will try to find from my side too.

thank you very much