headlight upgrade

patch

i heard about a upgrade for the headlights to use a h4 bulb. anyone eles heard about this???? cant find any links but i probly looking in the wronge place. thanks for any info

theUNYTEDone

i just need some clarification...these H4 adapters...are they basically plug and play? i'm really not familiar with lighting..

Wicked Toys

Yeah I bought the H4 Headlight Housings for both my GT n Alltrac from Advanced Auto Parts. Yes its plug in play all you need is a phillips screwdriver and a worthy H4 bulb. Here's what mine look like with PIAA Star White Bulbs.

364242_60_full.jpg

364242_62_full.jpg

theUNYTEDone

hey wicked, what type of screws bolt the headlight shroud to the metal of the headlight assembly (shroud=the black plastic bit that goes around the actual headlight glass)....ive got the shrouds off, but no screws. :doh:

SuperWhite92

theUNYTEDone":1j9wfpnc said:
hey wicked, what type of screws bolt the headlight shroud to the metal of the headlight assembly (shroud=the black plastic bit that goes around the actual headlight glass)....ive got the shrouds off, but no screws. :doh:

There's two or three philips head screws that usually hold it on.

theUNYTEDone

so can they just be pretty much anything that fits? or does it need a specific thread pitch? i wanna put mines back on...car looks a bit skeleton-ish without them. lol....but back to the H4's...one will need to get the bulb AND the correct housing, yes?

Wicked Toys

theUNYTEDone":29rrcugy said:
so can they just be pretty much anything that fits? or does it need a specific thread pitch? i wanna put mines back on...car looks a bit skeleton-ish without them. lol....but back to the H4's...one will need to get the bulb AND the correct housing, yes?

Yes any small screw should work cause mine are all mixed matched between older n newer phillips screws. And yeah Im sure you can search n find out about the different housings and to my knowledge they use H4 series bulbs n thats it. Just put the bulbs in the spring mechanism n plug into your factory and your good to go. And of course make sure there lined up right.

jlspec

Using any H4 conversion off ebay sucks. Instead of improving your night vision it actually worsens it. Go with raybrig and some real quality H4 bulbs and you'll see a difference. The silverstar replacement is pretty good. It's either slightly better then stock give and take what kind of lighting you want. The silverstar even out lights those cheap ebay H4 conversion. Hell I have a set of the ebay H4 that is brand new. It was given to me because they suck so bad the buyer didn't even care for them. Do a search and you'll see.

omgitsroy326

jlspec":oizazoat said:
Using any H4 conversion off ebay sucks. Instead of improving your night vision it actually worsens it. Go with raybrig and some real quality H4 bulbs and you'll see a difference. The silverstar replacement is pretty good. It's either slightly better then stock give and take what kind of lighting you want. The silverstar even out lights those cheap ebay H4 conversion. Hell I have a set of the ebay H4 that is brand new. It was given to me because they suck so bad the buyer didn't even care for them. Do a search and you'll see.
:withstupid: don't waste your time researching... i already did it... get raybrigs