noob with a question...

deceit

wassap yall i jus bought my 92 celica gts and my friend told me to check out this website and ask questions about my car..

ive been looking for an rc/cs front bumper but cant seem to find them around...
im from canada so if anyone can hook me up and let me know where i can find a place to get this bumper...

oh yeah im also wantin to get some rims too... any suggestions? pics would be nice too...

thanks

Gary

Welcome!
You can get the bumper from any Toyota dealer.
There is a part number thread on the FAQ section.

theUNYTEDone

check in the "exterior mods" section for some wheel pics...depends on your interest. the gallery also has loads....i hope you'll be doing a 3sgte swap into that car, i personally dont like regular celi's with AT cosmetic stuff on it, there's on down here. the girl thinks ive done the same thing. :shoots: :x

Khyron

The 3sgte swap refers to taking a motor from an all-trac (or, more specifically, a gt-4) and putting it into your car. They can be found relatively easy on ebay and should run you roughly a grand. They come from Japan and have relatively low mileage (40K-60K).
BTW, I loved my '92 GT-S, should have NEVER sold her. :x :cry:

Gary

Engine runs about a grand but you will need more than an engine.
ECU, AFM, harness, MAP sensor, hood w/ scoop, etc, ....
The best way is to buy a front clip (half cut).
You will have everything you need (given that you use your current 5SFE tranny)
and extra AWD tranny, and other leftover JDM stuffs to sell to others.

Khyron

Gary":3s5t9orf said:
Engine runs about a grand but you will need more than an engine.
ECU, AFM, harness, MAP sensor, hood w/ scoop, etc, ....
The best way is to buy a front clip (half cut).
You will have everything you need (given that you use your current 5SFE tranny)
and extra AWD tranny, and other leftover JDM stuffs to sell to others.

Good point, I should have specified :oops:

capncelica

i heard using the 5s-fe motor for a 3s-gte engine wasn't very good for the tranny and it didn't last long... is this true????

MetalliKAT97

Gary":jfh44g3e said:
Welcome!

Weeelllll not EVERY dealer. I talked to my local parts guy when I was buying mine and he told me that:

A: They arnt going to have it as a normal "stock" item (Special Order of course....obvious)
B: Its a surprise if their warehouse or any other local dealer with have it so they can get it (In daytona their warehouse only stocked 1!...the parts guy was surprised they even had it)
C: If you are in a region that none of the warehouses can stock it....they wont bring it in from Japan or get it in a region that does have it...(I asked him about shipping incase their warehouse didnt have it)

Khyron

MetalliKAT97":y551eur2 said:
Gary":y551eur2 said:
Welcome!

Weeelllll not EVERY dealer. I talked to my local parts guy when I was buying mine and he told me that:

A: They arnt going to have it as a normal "stock" item (Special Order of course....obvious)
B: Its a surprise if their warehouse or any other local dealer with have it so they can get it (In daytona their warehouse only stocked 1!...the parts guy was surprised they even had it)
C: If you are in a region that none of the warehouses can stock it....they wont bring it in from Japan or get it in a region that does have it...(I asked him about shipping incase their warehouse didnt have it)

About two months ago I found a guy on ebay who was selling new bumpers, primed, for $100. I should have bought it at the time b/c now I can't find the seller :doh:

MetalliKAT97

Khyron":1ewndbrw said:
MetalliKAT97":1ewndbrw said:
Gary":1ewndbrw said:
Welcome!

About two months ago I found a guy on ebay who was selling new bumpers, primed, for $100. I should have bought it at the time b/c now I can't find the seller :doh:

Luckily if I need another one ( I have one waiting to be painted for my car)

The owner of the Honda dealership I work at also owns a Toyota dealership. So I can get it for somewhere around 10 over cost (if the parts guys at the toyo dealer are feeling nice that day).

If I can get it cheap I can sell it back to someone for cheap...Gatta see how much I can get it for though.

deceit

cool thanks
i msg'd some guy that lives in the area and he told me that he got one shipped from ontario and at that time there was only 2 in stock..

Khyron

Gary":3bjg1ifm said:
He is looking for an RC/CS bumper, not stock bumper.

Doesn't anybody like the stock look? :shrug:
I can't wait to make my car look like it did when it rolled off the line. Oh well, that's the fun of working on cars, you can make them what you want. 8)

MetalliKAT97

Khyron":uvqesnpt said:
Gary":uvqesnpt said:
He is looking for an RC/CS bumper, not stock bumper.

Doesn't anybody like the stock look? :shrug:
I can't wait to make my car look like it did when it rolled off the line. Oh well, that's the fun of working on cars, you can make them what you want. 8)

The CS look is just another "rolled off the line" look :wink:

Just tends to be hotter than ours :) or at least to me it is :D