Hi everyone!

A

Anonymous

Hi everybody, I'm new on alltrac.net
I did want a celica awd for a time, but being up in canada didn't help.
After a year of search, I finaly got one! :D :D

But it's not perfect. it got some small problems here and there. I was lucky enought to find a old toyota garagist. The owner of this garage have a alltrac also. They got plenty of older celica and some mr2 too.

I have some problems with the sunroof and the headlight.
I also got a fog light that is missing because of a missing piece (but I will fixed it this week)
I also got my front brakes to be replaced.
I was wondering, I am new to car's mechanic and this celica. I do have the toyota Celica and celica all-trac repair books. It is worth to try to fix these things myself?
Since I got it, I have fixed my gas tank and I'll do my fog light soon. I've payed a garagist to solder (? "souder" in french) the exhaust. I didn't have that tool.
:cry:

Well... counsels would be appriciated.
Here is my new toy.

Attachments

• DSCF0050_sm.JPG
    DSCF0050_sm.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 60

toayoztan

Good to see another owner! Congrats on the buy. Is it a 90 or 91?

Yes, it is worth it to fix the allrac yourself if you're mechanically incline, meaning, if you know how to work on cars. Otherwise, you're going to be paying someone a lot of money to fix it, since these things can be a pain to work on. But after a while in short time, you'll get used to working on the car and know all the shortcuts, etc (not that you SHOULD take any shortcuts haha).

And I believe you mean you paid someone to weld the exhaust for you?

In any case, if you have any questions, just let us know, we're here to help. Just remember to use the search function first :)

Bryan

A

Anonymous

It is a 90.
Unfortunatly, I don't have much experience in car. If I start to work on it, I'll need to get tools along the way to complete the repairs. It's an option which I am considering. Hey, we must all start learning in some way or others. :)

Yup, that's what I meant, weld. I'm using freetlanslation.com a bit. :wink:
Yeah, I also found that pieces of Alltrac were difficult to find. Going from garagist to garagist showed me this.

I'm already using the search since a while. thks.

Here is a non car-related question, how can I put picture of my car beside my signature? Is it the avatar?

Khyron

Welcome to the board! I've got a black 90 as well and have been on the hunt for parts since I got her :D but that comes with the territory. Toyota still stocks parts for our cars but they're not always available and are usually pretty expensive. What I've done is post lists of what I'm looking for in the for sale thread and have gotten plenty of stuff I need that way (Thanks Boostedblue, Fraggle, Punisher, CodingParadox etc...).
You'll find that everyone here is really helpful when it comes to teaching you how to do the stuff that you can yourself. There's a thread in the FYI/FAQ forum that's all part numbers which you might want to check out.
Alright, I'm done rambling. Au Revoir! (that is French for good bye, right? I haven't studied French in like 11 years but I tought I'd give it a shot) :wink:

theUNYTEDone

fylk333":2yb92u7u said:
It is a 90.
Unfortunatly, I don't have much experience in car. If I start to work on it, I'll need to get tools along the way to complete the repairs. It's an option which I am considering. Hey, we must all start learning in some way or others. :)

Yup, that's what I meant, weld. I'm using freetlanslation.com a bit. :wink:
Yeah, I also found that pieces of Alltrac were difficult to find. Going from garagist to garagist showed me this.

I'm already using the search since a while. thks.

Here is a non car-related question, how can I put picture of my car beside my signature? Is it the avatar?

that'd be a signature pic. a pic under your username would be your avatar. simply upload it, but chances are that it'll be too big. i can't remember exactly how to do it, but you need to resize it or something in microsoft paint...i think.

A

Anonymous

Cool, thank you for the links Khyron.
oh, and yeah, Au revoir is the right terms. You still have it :wink:
See you around!