Wiring a Air Fuel ratio gauge

illGT4

in the cabin by the ECU...

by the diag. port..

by the o2...

where do you want to tap into it at?

BTW, those gauges that read the stock o2 sensor pretty much suck and are completely useless.

Get a wideband like the LM1 and read Real A/F mixtures. Well help a lot more in tuning than using the stock o2 sensor.

alltracman78

illGT4":1pmh20aw said:
BTW, those gauges that read the stock o2 sensor pretty much suck and are completely useless.

Why?
I think there decent for general use, ie if you have a problem, it can give you some input.
Definitly no good for tuning though.

illGT4

alltracman78":25l2akbg said:
illGT4":25l2akbg said:

Why?
I think there decent for general use, ie if you have a problem, it can give you some input.
Definitly no good for tuning though.

Because the stock o2 sensor is not meant for reading that range accurately. IMHO, it's a bunch of lights going back and forth... monitoring o2 voltage... going back and forth.. ;)

alltracman78

Well, that's what the a/f does in closed loop, goes back and forth.
The O2 v is related to the a/f. ANY electronic gauge (or what ever else) converts what ever the reading is into voltage. What do you think a wideband sensor does? Doesn't necessarily display in flashing lights, but as far as the actual display, that depends on the person reading it.

I agree it's no good for fine tuning, but should work fine for general trouble shooting and monitoring on close to stock engines. After all, it's what the computer uses to determine fuel in closed loop.

illGT4

alltracman78":gry96bxx said:
Well, that's what the a/f does in closed loop, goes back and forth.
The O2 v is related to the a/f. ANY electronic gauge (or what ever else) converts what ever the reading is into voltage. What do you think a wideband sensor does? Doesn't necessarily display in flashing lights, but as far as the actual display, that depends on the person reading it.

I agree it's no good for fine tuning, but should work fine for general trouble shooting and monitoring on close to stock engines. After all, it's what the computer uses to determine fuel in closed loop.

I agree, but you can just use a multi meter and get the same results and save $... put that towards a good wideband that you can use to tune with also.

Peace

alltracman78

Point is to have it while you're driving around. You could hook up a voltmeter, but it's pretty much the same thing anyways.
Plus, it's only like $60.

illGT4

:)

You can drive around with a wideband too! :p

I just don't believe it is accurate enough for much of anything. Just my opinion.

The stock sensor resolution is poor.

Indy3sgte

okay ive been debating over this for a while...but where do I get a wide band O2 sensor :shrug:

I think I might get the gauge and use my stock sensor now and swtich when I get the Wide Band O2 :shrug:

Dan

illGT4

Indy3sgte":2wmscohg said:
okay ive been debating over this for a while...but where do I get a wide band O2 sensor :shrug:

I think I might get the gauge and use my stock sensor now and swtich when I get the Wide Band O2 :shrug:

Dan

Search for LM-1