Hey, new all trac guy.

TheAutoholic

I am a good friend of Dan, he is Grip Addict, and something else, on here, and I have helped him on his 185 quite a bit. I have always loved toyotas, and I have alwyas loved All Tracs/GTFours (since Gtan Tourismo 2) and am a huge rally fan. I have in the past dreamed of owning one, an dthought I never could afford one, and by the time I could i would porb be married and not allowed to get it lol.

Well I found one for what I can afford, and I am selling one of my baby's to get it.

Its an ST165 with a JDM 185 swap from a front clip with a hair over 40k on it, including trans and the front half shafts. It had a CT27 and a flashed ECU put on it after the swap, and a total of 300 miles put on the car after the swap. I know the two previous owners of the car, so I am comfortabe in buying someone elses project (even tho its done) and I normally would go for as stock as possible when buying a car.

So he took off the 27 and the ecu and is selling me the rest. I have a 26 waiting for it, but I need an ECU off of a 90 AT, as that the year it came off of. I think a '91 will work too, but I don't know. I have found a JDM '90 ecu, but I dont know if I can run 91/92 octane on that with the timing and all. (Ill post that up in the wated thread)

I am DD'ing a 1986 RX7 with an S5 taillight conversion, 5 lug conv, S5 TII brakes and full exaust. I am selling my other baby for the All Trac; a 1984 Rabbit GTI 8V Full suspension autocross beast. I will miss it, but I will be making a profit on the Rabbit, and its giving its life for a Celica All Trac, so I can justify it. :D

I have been reading up on here for a while and have just gotten aroudn to posting. I know a ton about general rally history and the homologated cars that were bred for it, but my All Trac knowledge is quite a ways beyond the average car guy.

I also have recently started a local Toyota forum for Kansas city, and I am looking forward to not taking crap for running it and not currently owning a Toyota. :wink:

Anyway, Im glad you all are here and I am sure I will learn a lot. Pics of the AT as soon as I get them taken, the car isn't in my possesion yet.

David

toayoztan

Hey David, good to see you here. Dan told me about your situation and car. I was looking for an ECU for your car. Running on a JDM ecu would be fine. Can't wait to see pics of it. And actually, i'll probably be stopping by in July to help Dan finish up his project, so i may end up meeting you.

Bryan

TheAutoholic

Yeah, I have been helping Dan so far and will be helping finish up the car. I am sure I will meet you when you come up, as we live 2 blocks apart and are always together lol

The previous 2 owners knew Dan and the one who did the swap posted the car for sale while it still had the 27 on there. He pulled that turbo off and pulled off his flashed ECU and is selling it like that. Let me see if I can find the thread.