best turbo???

Wraith

billprice":2rt43vf1 said:
Wraith":2rt43vf1 said:
toytech":2rt43vf1 said:
I have a gt2540r with a .64 ar brand new fro sale now... :D

I dont need a GT2540R it wouldnt support my power needs. I have a GT4088R currently...

Of course you do. And if you install that on a 3SGTE, you can hit the gas and wait a few days for the boost to hit. LOL.
I'm not running a 3s-gte ... I have a 5s-gte with a 75 shot of NOS for spool up ... So I'm will to lose bottom end for top end power to get me down the track...

furpo

Wraith":16q4x2h6 said:
billprice":16q4x2h6 said:
Wraith":16q4x2h6 said:
toytech":16q4x2h6 said:

I dont need a GT2540R it wouldnt support my power needs. I have a GT4088R currently...

Of course you do. And if you install that on a 3SGTE, you can hit the gas and wait a few days for the boost to hit. LOL.
I'm not running a 3s-gte ... I have a 5s-gte with a 75 shot of NOS for spool up ... So I'm will to lose bottom end for top end power to get me down the track...

nice :D :D

is there another link to the photos of your car other than the ones on your www tab? i am not a member so can not see them.

roger

Wraith

furpo":35r9g2oh said:
Wraith":35r9g2oh said:
billprice":35r9g2oh said:
Wraith":35r9g2oh said:
toytech":35r9g2oh said:

nice :D :D

is there another link to the photos of your car other than the ones on your www tab? i am not a member so can not see them.

roger

click on my link on my signature and use the screen name and pass word on my siggy...

furpo

thanks for that. dam i must look stupid not getting that earlier.

i had a look and i am very impressed.

roger

CMS-GT4

How bout telling more about your intake manifold here:

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 7&start=30

On topic, I wonder how the td06 would spool on a 2.2l. I am still concidering the stroker path.

The mitus turbos are a good option for those on a budget. uses the same 3sgte manifold adapter as the greddy type, which gary had a link for them costing around $55. then you just got to have a dp made. You could get away with a decent 340+hp turbo in the 700-800 range. On that note it would have a warranty too if you get it from haun (sp).

enzytebob

CMS-GT4":3441uham said:
How bout telling more about your intake manifold here:

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 7&start=30

On topic, I wonder how the td06 would spool on a 2.2l. I am still concidering the stroker path.

The mitus turbos are a good option for those on a budget. uses the same 3sgte manifold adapter as the greddy type, which gary had a link for them costing around $55. then you just got to have a dp made. You could get away with a decent 340+hp turbo in the 700-800 range. On that note it would have a warranty too if you get it from haun (sp).

I've been enjoying my td06sh now for the past two months. If you were to ask what one mod would make the biggest impact it would be this or a T3/T4 Garrett turbo, assuming you'll be happy w/ 350-425 hp. If you're looking for more, then you'll need an even bigger turbo. But these two turbos will happily support upper 300hp levels. Even now, with an engine that is basically stock, I'm enjoying the heck out of it, remembering not too long ago how my upgraded ct26 would just quit on me at around 5,250 rpm. Now, I have to restrain myself! :D Go for it. You won't be sorry. I got lucky and bought a slightly used MR2 Greddy kit for cheap. Absolutely no fitment problems at all. Everything lined up perfectly. I even was able to use the original heat shield. To the untrained eye it looks stock.

With you're plans for a stroked 3S, that should make for a really,really good daily driver that keeps you smiling or a great platform from which to get even more power. my $.02

Griffin

I have a stage 2 CT26 with a big wheel - I makeplenty of power up top, but the spool time is too much, even with the freeflowing intake and exhaust.

I reccomend a GT30R or GT35R - its what I wish I would have gotten - slightly more power and even faster spool.

Don't get me wrong - the modded CT26 works well, but unless you launch in boost it takes a while for it to put you back in the seat.