nubbish question

patch

which is more rare the 165 or the 185?? i always see posts for the 185 but not near as many for the 165 also i have a harder time trying to find parts but 185 parts are everywhere. thanks

Maloy

7thGenDragon":1fcas8fh said:
suprakid95":1fcas8fh said:
the 165 is rarer but there is no definite production number for them.

http://www.alltrac.net/FAQ.html

About those faqs, it says that in 1989 the options of leather, sunroof, and power windows, Yet my 88 has those options too. So are those facts right or do i have a rare and unique alltrac?

The best way to tell if your 165 is an 89 (which would make it super rare) is the 89s had shoulder belts on the rear seat belts. In fact starting in 89 every us car is required to have the shoulder belts in back seats.
Im pretty sure they all had power windows, iv never seen or heard of a 165 with manual windows unless they were put in by the owner. And i had an 88 with abs, leather and a sunroof...my white one has no abs and no sunroof and soon no power windows.

As far as production numbers go, the highest I've ever seen was an '89 in the UK... #10,036. I'd say that goes with the info on that Russian site. As further info, several cars I've checked(mine included; #2,914, with a manu. date of Nov. '87) fit that bill as well... but the ST165 is definately a very rare car.

Edit... my car is black exterior, black interior. It has A/C(that was an option; very few '165s didn't have it though), power windows(I think these were standard; _every_ GT-S and GT-Four I've seen has 'em), ABS, and sunroof. No leather, which I kinda like... I'm not much for leather in a car.