SRT-4

omnivore

I girl from Toronto I know, Dana Young, has a new 05 blue SRT4. We had a FWD Mopar drag day at St Thomas last August, and I was staged next to her. I couldn't believe how fast her car went, bone stock, on street tires, 2 weeks old.

My 13.12 @ 105 MPH, to her 13.70 @ 102 MPH....pretty fast for a stock, under warranty 4 banger with AC!

After the launch, when I got the jump on her, she remained less than a car length behing the entire length of the track-she was so close I could see her in my peripheral vision when I looked up at the EGT's.

theUNYTEDone

omnivore":3c3m9uwf said:
I girl from Toronto I know, Dana Young, has a new 05 blue SRT4. We had a FWD Mopar drag day at St Thomas last August, and I was staged next to her. I couldn't believe how fast her car went, bone stock, on street tires, 2 weeks old.

My 13.12 @ 105 MPH, to her 13.70 @ 102 MPH....pretty fast for a stock, under warranty 4 banger with AC!

After the launch, when I got the jump on her, she remained less than a car length behing the entire length of the track-she was so close I could see her in my peripheral vision when I looked up at the EGT's.

that's about right, for an SRT4. my friend layed down some low-mid 14's here, and in hawaii, the times are consistantly about half a second slower than the maindland. i suppose i'd blame it on track condition. low funds. tracks closed now, too. lame. just after i bought my car. haha.

SuperWhite92

theUNYTEDone":4hfyeni9 said:
omnivore":4hfyeni9 said:

that's about right, for an SRT4. my friend layed down some low-mid 14's here, and in hawaii, the times are consistantly about half a second slower than the maindland. i suppose i'd blame it on track condition. low funds. tracks closed now, too. lame. just after i bought my car. haha.

Only one track on the islands?

theUNYTEDone

SuperWhite92":2t56fgx9 said:
theUNYTEDone":2t56fgx9 said:
omnivore":2t56fgx9 said:

unless you're on the street. :evil: but yeah, there was only one officially (hawaii raceway park) and that closed down because their lease was up (for the 4th time or something like that)...there've been lots of people looking to get it up and running again, though. *crosses fingers emoticon).

SuperWhite92

theUNYTEDone":2xfubhsm said:
SuperWhite92":2xfubhsm said:
theUNYTEDone":2xfubhsm said:
omnivore":2xfubhsm said:

unless you're on the street. :evil: but yeah, there was only one officially (hawaii raceway park) and that closed down because their lease was up (for the 4th time or something like that)...there've been lots of people looking to get it up and running again, though. *crosses fingers emoticon).

That's terrible. After street racing incidents double, I'm sure the local government will lend a hand.

theUNYTEDone

definitely. unfortunately, with me and my GT4 prowling the streets, racing is actually at an all time low....

I KID, I KID!!! :lol:

but serioulsy, i'm very surprised that there hasn't been an uproar of racing. people are indeed smarter about it, nowdays. all the casualties seem to be up there in the mainland.

TomsGT4

Heh funny, the guy must live nearby.
I saw the car again today on a 4 lane thru-way.

We didn't pull on each other.
Too damn hot out today to push boost.
I think he knew it too.