Finally getting down to business:
1templateonhood.jpg

2outlineonmaskingtape.jpg

3cutoutforvent.jpg

4enlargedcutout.jpg

5testfittingthevent.jpg

Rick89GTS

saved_1992":37y871j0 said:
looks good, where did you source the vent?

was this in the planning for when you do the 205wta?

Got the vent from another AllTrac owner (who was lucky enough to have a spare! :shock: ) I've been wanting to install the vent for a long time simpy b/c of the crazy underhood heat that these cars generate.

The 185CS/RC or 205 WTA IC is another thing for the future that goes on the wish/to do list :wink: Still have to get my TT hooked up and I'm looking to put in some extra gauges somewhere too.

Kyoto

Good stuff Rick! Those vents look awesome on 165s. I'm going to do mine in a few months me thinks, but i need to get another hood so i don't butcher the original one too.

AWDtoyota

That looks great! :D
Can you take some pictures of the hood on the car. Jus curious as to how it looks, and where the scoop falls.

Some questions
What did you use to cut the hood? Does the scoop fit flat against the hood, all the way around? Any plans for keeping water out. Last one...for now. Did the bottom of the scoop touch the under-hood ribbing.

-Thanks

Rick89GTS

AWDtoyota":3vo7y6l0 said:
....Can you take some pictures of the hood on the car. Just curious as to how it looks, and where the scoop falls.

Some questions
What did you use to cut the hood? Does the scoop fit flat against the hood, all the way around? Any plans for keeping water out. Last one...for now. Did the bottom of the scoop touch the under-hood ribbing.....

I'm still working on final fitment; the pics show a test-fit only.

- I used a Dremel tool for tight corners and a grinder with cut-off wheel for straighter cuts.
- I'm still working on the fitment, so it doesn't fit completely flush at the moment.
- I'm gonna use EDPM material (thin rubber sheet) as a gasket to keep it from rattling and to seal it against the hood itself.
- the ribbing may still be removed to ensure proper fitment.

I'll probably have to put a support bracket in but I'll post up more pics as soon as I'm done, (hopefully soon!) :wink:

1stGenAllTrac

k that looks solid!
i wish i had one for my car,
i have a spare hood so i put a vent in one of them a couple weeks ago, i can post pics on a new thread later..
i just removed the bracing, traced a pattern, cut it out with a jigsaw and went over the edges with a dremel then put door edge trim around the opening. i still gotta put some screens underneith to finish it off, but it doesnt look TOO bad.. haha.

can't wait to see that hood on the car when u'r done!

Rick89GTS

1stGenAllTrac":22czcwn7 said:
k that looks solid!
i wish i had one for my car,
i have a spare hood so i put a vent in one of them a couple weeks ago, i can post pics on a new thread later..
i just removed the bracing, traced a pattern, cut it out with a jigsaw and went over the edges with a dremel then put door edge trim around the opening. i still gotta put some screens underneath to finish it off, but it doesn't look TOO bad.. haha........

Looking forward to seeing your custom vent :D

we really need that stinking group buy for carbon fiber cs hoods.

much too hot in there...goodness...run the car 1 minute on a cold day and it's 600 degrees under there. :shrug:

anyway....looking good man :D

A

Anonymous

Shaggz00: Nah, not really. Im from Melbourne and one went on eBay recently for $120AUD but i found out about it just after the auction :(
As for OEM models, does anyone know if they are even available new? I only planned to use the Eribuni one and mold it into the hood using body filler or something. Nothing too fancy really...

If anyone can get a group buy happening i am definitely in but i don't expect anyone to do it.

A

Anonymous

im not sure, if its not OEM its an exact replica, the guy i bought the car from had it laying around, id be whiling to get rid of it for like 30 bucks plus shipping cost

A

Anonymous

im not sure, if its not OEM its an exact replica, the guy i bought the car from had it laying around, id be whiling to get rid of it for like 30 bucks plus shipping cost

A

Anonymous

or if someone has some factory '165 fogs that they'd be whilling to swap we could work somthing out

Rick89GTS

Anonymous":3czu6g3n said:

IS the screen included?
Got pics of the top and underside?