which ISP do you guys use in TN?

turbo4wd

What ISP do you guys go with and how much are you paying for monthly?

I don't have a land line set up because I use my cell phone. I'd like to avoid having to pay for a land line that I wouldnt use JUST to get internet access, but the research I've been doing suggests that I may have no choice.. You either have to have a landline set up for Earthlink, Bell South, or a cable service setup with Comcast..

I used to pay $20/month in CA for DSL, and I'm surprised to see how expensive DSL service is in TN.. wtf.. :x

CMS-GT4

I use comcast cable here in E TN. Charter is popular in some areas. Bellsouth is everywhere for DSL.

I would suggest getting it from your cable company.

How long till you move down?

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":26v3a6w7 said:
How long till you move down?

I'm already here :D

I got in on Friday, and today I'm in at work (working long hours).. The movers are supposed to arrive tomorrow morning so I'll be spending the next few days trying to get stuff sorted out.. My car is supposedly showing up sometime later in the week..

I'm dying without internet service at home.. :p

GT4times2

Cool...You're on the East Coast now :smokes: . Well, look at it this way: DSL may be a bit more expensive, but rent/mortgage should more than make up for it :p . I dont think you'll complain about that coming from LA. Glad to know you're on this end. Im should be making my move by next year. Delayed again.

turbo4wd

Sorry, been without internet service at home (still) - I ended up going with Comcast since I needed to PAY for free TV anyhow (better reception is what they say compared to a set of bunny ears) and this way I can hook up to a cable modem.. A better option than signing up for a phone line (which I'd never use) and still have to pay for TV..

CMS-GT4":9nayjog2 said:
What do you do?
There is a decent bit to do in TN. Especially if you like back roads...
I work for Nissan North America - hence the relocation from CA to TN - I'm part of that big influx of So Cal people coming to the middle Tennessee area..

Gary":9nayjog2 said:
Dan,
Where in TN do you move to?
I moved about 25 mins southeast of Nashville to a town called Murfreesboro - Evidently its a big college town..

GT4times2":9nayjog2 said:
Cool...You're on the East Coast now :smokes: . Well, look at it this way: DSL may be a bit more expensive, but rent/mortgage should more than make up for it :p . I dont think you'll complain about that coming from LA. Glad to know you're on this end. Im should be making my move by next year. Delayed again.

Where are you moving to Frantz?

CMS-GT4

So your only ~3 hours from me.

Hell, now I might have to put together a Nissan meet, seems there are a decent amount of alltrac/nissan owners now.

CMS-GT4

My wife my be moving to ATL if she gets a new job. So I may be down there more often. Its great that I now have so many alltracs near me now. For the longest time, it was just Me and EC.

Gary

turbo4wd":3kc4o1m7 said:
I moved about 25 mins southeast of Nashville to a town called Murfreesboro - Evidently its a big college town..
MTSU. :)
I have been there a few times.
I used to live in Chattanooga and drove to hang out with friends in Nashville quite often.

GT4times2":f276t4dt said:
Moving to (Atlanta area) Georgia in a year or so.

I may be following close behind, or may beat you there....a close friend I used to street race with here in fl moved to atlanta, been telling me to come up for yrs., his family owns bmw of atlanta (motorcycles)...goin up in a couple weeks to look between the charlotte or saluda area....2nd home for the time being, have too much invested in fl....gona need at least a 5 car garage on a couple acres to make it worth the move.

GT4times2

SWEEEEEEEEET !! GEt up there man. Where are Charlotte and Saluda? I have two friends with Alltracs up there already. From South Florida too. Are you referring to your friend Bobby (I think)? I should be going there in about two weeks myself. Let me know if you need a custom builder. We can talk about things offline sometime. Good idea to move though.

CMS-GT4

Knoxville is not that far from ATL. You might find something here. :D

For those interested, getting a little dragon meet together.

alltracman78

turbo4wd":3ikja5tf said:
Gary":3ikja5tf said:
Dan,

Nice.
My good friend lives in Franklin TN.
I was there this spring. Met Josh on the way. :D
Maybe next time I head down there we can get together too. :)

GT4times2

alltrac101":2ouon7mv said:
GT4times2":2ouon7mv said:
Where are Charlotte and Saluda?.

NC

You lost me for a second. I know about Charlotte, NC (not familiar with Saluda). I thought you were moving to GA. You can build something nice near Metro Atlanta. You dont need 5cg anymore, you sold the ST165 :(

GT4times2":k3me3s4r said:
alltrac101":k3me3s4r said:
GT4times2":k3me3s4r said:

NC

You lost me for a second. I know about Charlotte, NC (not familiar with Saluda). I thought you were moving to GA. You can build something nice near Metro Atlanta. You dont need 5cg anymore, you sold the ST165 :(

Just a little west north west of Charlotte

Thinking about getting a M5, need to make sure she's got a roof over her head.

GA or NC, depends on what the wife likes, she's looking for a more quaint & friendly environment, besides its nice to be married to a SUGGA MAMA, j/k

turbo4wd

alltracman78":1xfikrdp said:
turbo4wd":1xfikrdp said:
Gary":1xfikrdp said:
Dan,

Nice.
My good friend lives in Franklin TN.
I was there this spring. Met Josh on the way. :D
Maybe next time I head down there we can get together too. :)

I work in Franklin.. its about a 30-35 min drive from Murfreesboro..

GT4times2

alltrac101":26t0vyyk said:
GT4times2":26t0vyyk said:
alltrac101":26t0vyyk said:
GT4times2":26t0vyyk said:

NC

Just a little west north west of Charlotte

Thinking about getting a M5, need to make sure she's got a roof over her head.

GA or NC, depends on what the wife likes, she's looking for a more quaint & friendly environment, besides its nice to be married to a SUGGA MAMA, j/k

LOL...Gun for GA. You have countless options in GA. Let me put you in touch with my realtor. In GA you have the perfect balance of plenty of suburbs and small towns near a big city. About the M5, I think there are far more interesting cars for less money. For that price , let's go Porsche shopping. Does Sugga Mama have a sister? J/k (Im glad my girlfriend doesn't bother reading my comments on these forums)