Downpipe

Traks

Any write-ups on Downpipe (and exhuast) install? I am sure it is failry straight forward, but I really dont want to screw up. I am slowly getting more and more confident workign on my own car (mainly becuase I don't like other people workign on it :p). But I don't know if there is anything i should know before I go and install my new exhaust system (Aussie full)

Cheers

suprakid95

loosen bolts from exaust and turbo sides...pull off from turbo side first using the exuast as support then pull up carefully so you dont mess up the fins on the radiator. like you said pretty straight forward. you can also pull it straight down which ever you feel more comfortable with.

d1alltrac

i think with 185's you may have a hard time getting it by the oil filter or something like that (i dont have a 185 so im not sure what :p ) just do a search and im sure you'll find something, or someone with a 185 might chime in.

oh and if you were wondering about the rest of the exhaust that is pretty simple, just unbolt and bolt on the new stuff. you will have to unbolt the front crossmember then the midpipe just bolts right up and the rest is easy. if you are doing it by yourself jackstands are your best friend for holding the exhaust in place while you bolt it all up.

Traks

Thanks guys, I am one of those peopel that gathers way too much knowledge before I go and do something. :) better safe than sorry, esp with my alltrac .

Last thing (that I can think of right now) The exhaust sealant that came with it goes in all the joints???