Impala SS

TomsGT4

I looked over, I'm on the right he's on the left.
He waves his hand down & sighs like "not even going to bother".

So I revved a little.
He says "ah, you got nothing"

So I say "what year is your Impala?"
He says '06

Lights change, I get a car length on him right off the bat & it looked like he had a good start.
Then he sat one car length back from 0-80mph up to top end of 3rd gear.

I let off because I know that if I give her in 4th I'll only risk getting myself in trouble. Heh, 120mph comes up real fast.

Tell me though, at that point, why is it when I let off the gas these rich kids blow by & wave "bye-bye" as if they just smoked me?

Eh well, I had a little fun :)

jlspec

Those dumb racers are the one that you see on the news. They don't know when is it's over until they crash.

Conan

TomsGT4":2o155hr0 said:
Tell me though, at that point, why is it when I let off the gas these rich kids blow by & wave "bye-bye" as if they just smoked me?
You should have hit the brakes as soon as you were done, make sure he sees the taillights ;)

SuperWhite92

Nice, but you should've walked him harder than that. Personally, I wouldn't even bother with an Impala of any sort, unless it's pre-80's and shaking at idle.

SuperWhite92

TomsGT4":2ncoegc3 said:
Well Cops use them, and I'm pretty sure the new Impala SS's got some juice.
Am I wrong?

Cop cars are slow. Even the State patrol Z28's only run high 14s here in colorado.

theUNYTEDone

SuperWhite92":1r7anw4d said:
TomsGT4":1r7anw4d said:
Am I wrong?

Cop cars are slow. Even the State patrol Z28's only run high 14s here in colorado.

well there's a camaro SS out here that was catching up to a street bike going 195 in 5th gear. i repeat, he was catching up....but anyway, i think throwing on your hazards woulda pissed him off more.

the new impalas look lame as hell. 303HP, woohoo... :roll: . nothing beat the old school ones or the big ass black ones (not sure of what year, i think 96 ish)...

SuperWhite92

theUNYTEDone":13f24pjw said:
SuperWhite92":13f24pjw said:
TomsGT4":13f24pjw said:
Am I wrong?

well there's a camaro SS out here that was catching up to a street bike going 195 in 5th gear. i repeat, he was catching up....but anyway, i think throwing on your hazards woulda pissed him off more.

the new impalas look lame as hell. 303HP, woohoo... :roll: . nothing beat the old school ones or the big ass black ones (not sure of what year, i think 96 ish)...

You sure about that? It takes a hell of a lot more than just power to get a car to go 195, let alone doing it stable. FWIW, I just saw one of these Impala SS's from the Colorado State Patrol run last wednesday. Low 16's, depending on driver.

syko says

SuperWhite92":24tk23ox said:
theUNYTEDone":24tk23ox said:
SuperWhite92":24tk23ox said:
TomsGT4":24tk23ox said:
Am I wrong?

You sure about that? It takes a hell of a lot more than just power to get a car to go 195, let alone doing it stable. FWIW, I just saw one of these Impala SS's from the Colorado State Patrol run last wednesday. Low 16's, depending on driver.

as me living in hawaii.. ive heard many stories about the camaro and the bike.. heard of 180 mph all the way to 195.. but nonetheless thats fucking fast no matter what. and that was just the black/ or really dark blue one.. theres also a white one (so ive heard) that can reach those speeds

TomsGT4

OK but I checked just last night & an '06 Impala SS runs a 0-60 in 5.6s & a 14.1 quarter mile. IMO that's not bad.

As for cop cars up here I have seen an under cover Impala & camaro SS, Dodge Magnum (Hemi), Ford F150 Lightning, and a Charger R/T.
And that is just what I've seen!
I think it has something do do with the big 3's home right here in Windsor/Detroit.

EVcelica

I work at security at a government site and we have the new impalas with the police package. 3.8 liter V6 SUPERCHARGED. I've yet to test them out because they are about a week old. I'll let you all know once they break in and I test them out a little.

theUNYTEDone

SuperWhite92":3odypidk said:
theUNYTEDone":3odypidk said:
SuperWhite92":3odypidk said:
TomsGT4":3odypidk said:
Am I wrong?

what year SS, though? i'm dogging on the new ones...

SuperWhite92

theUNYTEDone":1c1zahlj said:
SuperWhite92":1c1zahlj said:
theUNYTEDone":1c1zahlj said:
SuperWhite92":1c1zahlj said:
TomsGT4":1c1zahlj said:
Am I wrong?

what year SS, though? i'm dogging on the new ones...

Yeah, the '06's Although the older models around here are even slower.

Maloy

Yeah cop cars are pretty slow, i drag raced one with no knock sensor in my 165 and still beat him pretty bad.....dont ask. :smokes:

theUNYTEDone

Maloy":xyeedjzb said:
Yeah cop cars are pretty slow, i drag raced one with no knock sensor in my 165 and still beat him pretty bad.....dont ask. :smokes:

amen to that. well, most of them. the department cars (blue and whites, usually crown vic's) are quite crappy, but just dont get rear-ended by one! haha...their camaro's are usually badass though.

Maloy

Yeah, i bet the camaros are pretty sweet. Here in Seattle they have a couple Impala SS cars rolling around that sound like death. One of them passed me while i was in my old b2000 on the freeway, felt like my truck was going to rumble apart from the thing. I think they use them to catch street racers. Down by kent street racers used to block off I-5 and drag race, it seems like its settled down now though.

theUNYTEDone

Maloy":10tu8k8z said:
Yeah, i bet the camaros are pretty sweet. Here in Seattle they have a couple Impala SS cars rolling around that sound like death. One of them passed me while i was in my old b2000 on the freeway, felt like my truck was going to rumble apart from the thing. I think they use them to catch street racers. Down by kent street racers used to block off I-5 and drag race, it seems like its settled down now though.

have you heard any supercharged ones?
*jizz pants emoticon*

TomsGT4

Yeah, actually that's what this Impala was.
I couldnt' beleive how that engine sounded -coming from an Impala.