Do you need experience to own a Celica GT-Four/Alltrac?

Do you need to be experienced and mechanically minded to own a Celica GT-Four or Alltrac?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rick89GTS

No, but it definately helps.
Otherwise, the AllTrac will eat as much money as you can throw at it.
(I voted yes cuz most of us here ain't rich :wink: )

Zeus

my vote goes to know... cause other than mods done to the car my car it has never been worked on... very reliable stock

gt4tuner

I said yes. Mainly because this is such a rare car and a lot of shops don't have any idea what it is. Even without mods and the Toyota reliablity it is still going to need work because its a 12-17 year old car.

turbo4wd

No, you don't need experience, but don't worry, because owning this car, you'll gain experience QUICK..

Of course having experience already can make things much easier..

If you have the right people around to help you, then the learning curve wont be at steep..

starfighter2

i do not believe one needs experience. however because the gt4 is rare and has age, it is very important that to transform or restore a gt4 one must be willing to learn, have patience, and be prepared to spend a good deal of currency to do a proper job.

do not do things on the cheap because it will cost one much more than money. get all the maintenance issues out of the way. then perform the modifications necessary to go, brake, handle, and appear the way one wishes to do.

most importantly, formulate a plan so that one can see where he/she wishes to go.

that is what i am doing right now. it will take time, but in the end it will be time and money well spent. :mrgreen:

Gary

I say no.
You do not "need" experience, but it helps.
It will come over time, just be willing to learn.
But I think we definitely need alltrac.net and people on here.
BGB is also a plus. :wink:

OlyST185

i say yes, because its full time 4WD, the way to drive it at high speed is very different from a FWD car. I myself done a 720 when driving quickly, it would never happened with a FWD car

Rainey

Hey guys, its pretty close. I asked this question because I'll be honest, I have no experience with cars (well virtually none) other than that I drive a 4 cylinder car and can keep that on the road. I'm willing to learn/teach myself and have a couple of good friends who know what they are doing. I will have enough money available to purchase a GT-Four for around $12,000 AUD and probably about another $6000 AUD to put towards it (only if neccessary) and also a steady income at the moment.

alltrac27

you dont need experience as long as ur willing to learn (and have some money/time) however i do believe that an alltrac is NOT a good first car for a teenager.

Rainey

I'm nearly 22 and fairly responsible but with work and a girlfriend I have never had much time to think about a "Toy" until now.

toayoztan

You don't need experience or need to be mechanically inclined to OWN an alltrac. That is what you asked, right? Now, to WORK on an alltrac, i believe you need to be mechanically inclined. Experience will just come as you go and work on the car.

Bryan

billprice

BayAreaAT":320xeu4f said:
i would say no..only if you got alot of money...
yes if you WANT to save money...

My thoughts exactly......you don't need experience, just money and time.

StupidBoys.jpg

LOL

froussemaite

I say no, just as long as you are willing to research learn and get your hands dirty.. They are a pretty good car to work on IMO

toayoztan

froussemaitre":1yuomq9m said:
They are a pretty good car to work on IMO

Only because you'll end up working on every part of it haha. But yes, they are good cars to learn on. However, that's the key word...LEARN. It'll either cost you a crap load to have it fixed at a shop, or if you don't learn and maintain, you'll end up with a pretty big mess.

Bryan

AWDtoyota

In stock form they are very reliable, its a Toyota need I say more. But the green Toyota repair manual has alot of valuable info. So I say no, you don't need expericence.

evasive

Experience helps- few weeks after I got mine I took a turn too fast with original tires and ended up doing 5 360's :roll: Luckily no damage :D

maroon_185

I don't have mine yet but You really don't need experience to own any car. helps if your cheap like me so you can DYI, but otherwise you better be ready to hand over some money to a shop.