how about alltrac vs old galant vr4

gpmarzan

theres a guy at my college with a 91 or 92 VR4 with some 'rally' stickers and a loud bov. Anyone raced one of those cars? It seemed right about even with power with our alltracs

d1alltrac

stock for stock it should be a driver's race,

from car-stats.com for a 91 galant vr4
0-60----7.3
1/4-----15.6

IIRC alltracs are supposed to run 15.6 also

modded I have no idea, I would guess they have better aftermarket support then us since they share the 4G63 with dsm's.

Race the guy where both cars were meant to be raced, some tiny gravel road :evil:

SuperWhite92

They're very comparable. My roommate drives one. Even modded they were close, until I put an ECU and an exhaust on my car (he already had them). Then the alltrac got faster.

it's similar to a GSX, but it's heavier and a lot more complex in the suspension department.

TheAutoholic

Mafix":3azo5m3l said:
the galant vr4 is the same thing as a gsx eclipse.
Wrong. The first and second gears are different. A VR-4 trans swap is a common mod for Eclipse/Talon drivers to do. ANd there are some differences in the motor, but I don't remember specifics. And yeah there are suspension stuff too, since it is pretty much a different chassis.

GT4times2

Stock for stock, it may be a close race. With the same mods, the VR4 may win. Better response to basic mods than the Alltrac.

nfn15037

I just tuned a VR4 last week with a 16G turbo upgrade and a downpipe/exhaust the car made 270 HP and 280 ft/lbs @ 3900 RPMs on a Mustang dyno. This was at ~23 PSI using an Autronic SM2. They are potent cars, but I still think the AllTrac looks better!

jlspec

Raced one that was lightly modded. It had a FMIC, a pretty load BOV, and minor other stuff. I have only a exhaust, filter, and BOV. Beat it 6 times in a row. The first run I beat the shit out of it. The rest I won, but he was not far off from me. I could see his hood through my window. To be honest I think our cars respond better to upgrades :D .

My cousin used to have a 90 GSX and race my other cousin with a ST185. First, second, and beginning fo third the ST185 would win, after that the GSX catches up and slowly beats it. My cousins ST185 is not what I would call a good condition ST185. It did have a FMIC, Intake, and it was gap. The GSX had the exact same mod with the gap. It was fun watching them race, and then I come along and beat both of them as if they were civics with my old 89 Supra Turbo (I do miss that power and speed :( ).

SuperWhite92

GT4times2":3uqv0zp1 said:
Stock for stock, it may be a close race. With the same mods, the VR4 may win. Better response to basic mods than the Alltrac.

I'm gonna beg to differ on this one, and say this:

My car:
Performance Techniques CT26/T04E-46T Hybrid Turbo
K.O. Racing 2.5" Downpipe
Twos'r'us MBC @ 14 psi
JDM "Ceramics Power" Motor
ARC Top-Mount Intercooler
ARC Super BOV
Aussie Speed 3" Mid Section
Blitz Nur-Spec R 75mm Cat Back
JDM TRD Plug Wires
SPEC Custom Stage Clutch (440 ftlb capacity)
550cc Side-Feed Injectors
G-Force Engineering ROM Tuned ECU

My roommates car:
Rebuilt engine with 2g pistons, no balance shafts, 3 angle valve job, MLS head gasket, fully blueprinted and balanced.
RS transmission-rebuilt. (close ratio, 3.909 final drive)
Front viscous LSD
3 bolt LSD rear end with 3.909 gears.
ACT 2600 (clutch fork, master and slave cyl all done at same time)
RRE Stainless clutch line
RRE lightened flywheel
ROTORA front slotted rotors
Hawk HP+ front pads, AXIS rear pads
Ported small 16G
EVO III ported exhaust manifold
2.5 inch mofugas DP and exhaust
Saab Viggen IC
3g MAF
Keydiver ECY=U chip(s)
3g lifters
Oldschool Apex-i turbo timer
Blitz dual SBC boost controller @ 15psi
Fields SFC Hyper-R
Non-criuse throttle cable
Magnacore plug wires
Lancer EVO 8 560cc injectors

My car will rape his all day long and take his lunch money without a fight.

Celi-GT4

Tell us how you really feel Shaun! I heard you where abit excited about brian's offer of the CT27+++ . Sounds good to me.

Kyoto

Only way to be sure is put the same driver in both cars and race against the clock on the same day and pretty much back to back, keeping as many variables as possible constant.