Auto tranny?

deadbroke

Anybody know of a Toyota/Lexus automatic AWD tranny that may fit in the alltrac? Why? My alltrac will be for mostly for drag racing. I will get guicker, stiffer shifts from the automatic. Plust i found a performance rebuild kit for the AWD toyota/lexus tranny's, doesnt say which one it will work on though. I just figured it would be more convinient but i have no prob at all keeping my 5 speed if nothing else will fit.

deadbroke

I think the Rav4 does have an auto AWD but im not sure.

Why is there a link to Monster.com on the word "work" in my above post?

turbo4wd

Yes, the RAV4 tranny will work.. There are several people in Oz who've put a 3sgte into their RAV4. But how stout the tranny is at high power levels is unknown because most of those guys that I've talked to have only done mild work beyond the swap..

I would personally stick with the stock manual.. Unless you want to be the first (and probably only) guy into the 10s with an auto tranny Alltrac.. :)

deadbroke

I know that the motor will bolt to the tranny i was just wondering if the tranny was a direct fit into the alltrac. I would think so but it only take a mount thats 1/2 an inch off to stop the project.

Anybody know enyone that has used a tranny kit from Level Ten? They have one for 93 and up toyota/lexus AWD tranny's that they say will hold 650lb TQ and 700 HP. But are they any good? And what are the gear ratios for the automatics? Doesnt the corrola AWD have an auto?

Griffin

There is a direct fit tranny option - the 88/89 GTS auto tranny would bolt right up since it originally came strapped to a 3S-GE anyhow.

Oh - the V6 camry auto will bolt up as well I think.

alltracman78

Griffin":2vzbwgrx said:
There is a direct fit tranny option - the 88/89 GTS auto tranny would bolt right up since it originally came strapped to a 3S-GE anyhow.

Oh - the V6 camry auto will bolt up as well I think.

Um, I'm guessing that's not a awd tranny.

deadbroke

Theyl would probably work but i believe they are hard to find. Then again any Automatic AWD for the celica will be hard to find at a decent price. Maybe i can find somebody swaping a caldina motor in a FWD and get their tranny. Anybody know how sturdy they are and what the gearing is?