HKS Silent Hi-Power update..

theUNYTEDone

awesome vid! how'd you get the camera up in the top of the overpass?! :shock:

overall, i love the way the exhaust looks. i SO want piping that way (yes, conan i realized the angle came from the pipes. a "bent" muffler would look awesomely wack). but...HKS is fairly expensive and i don't think theyd sell me just the piping, would they? i'd like to stick with my N1, thanks much...

Meurz

theUNYTEDone":2w5nsx7s said:
awesome vid! how'd you get the camera up in the top of the overpass?! :shock:
Thanks mate. The sides are not that steap, so my mate climbed up the 'wall' there. We used a tripod in most of the shots.. 8)

Conan, it's not too loud to my tastings, quite a subtile low rumble. Untill the WG opens.. :D

Meurz

I got the shirt from eBay a long time ago, iirc they still have them for sale now and then. One of the few with genuine looking logo's instead of wrong sized copies. The exhaust goes over the rear crossmember, so fitting this needs to be done on a lift otherwise you can't twist the muffler enough downwards to get it over the member.

theUNYTEDone

Meurz":jz2gmwzf said:
The exhaust goes over the rear crossmember, so fitting this needs to be done on a lift otherwise you can't twist the muffler enough downwards to get it over the member.

that's odd. i checked out a website that had the regular hi-power exhaust, and it looked fairly straight, not bent enough to go above the rear CM.

....i would really love just the end section of this thing... :roll:
idk what to do, because my exhaust guy said he wasn't able to angle it that way. :x would you happen to have any insight on how to do it, given the proper eqmpt/tools?

Meurz

theUNYTEDone":2oy1lrhd said:
that's odd. i checked out a website that had the regular hi-power exhaust, and it looked fairly straight, not bent enough to go above the rear CM.
Very possible, but was that a 185 exhaust pictured? Other cars might have less bends in the piping?

would you happen to have any insight on how to do it, given the proper eqmpt/tools?
hipowerfitting7.jpg

Check out the pic above, the support bars at the end of the muffler are longer so the tip will point up a bit, I guess the same technique is used to let the tip point to the side too, different lengths.. :shrug:

theUNYTEDone

meurz, i also noticed that the support bars are pointing in the opposite direction alltogether. not sure how this affects the fitment, though....
my bad about the straight ish exh. pictured on the site. it should've clicked earlier that it wasnt the one for our cars. :doh:

i suppose i can make some toy stuff to mess around with, seeing where the support bars actually need to be welded to create this effect. HKS definitely wouldn't sell that last section...

alltracshoak

hey meurz, i just got a sound off my wrecked 185. it sounds a lil bit more aggressive with the aussie no cat mid pipe and a gutted primary cat. ill try to post it up when i have the time.

Meurz

theUNYTEDone":1861nrnd said:
i suppose i can make some toy stuff to mess around with, seeing where the support bars actually need to be welded to create this effect. HKS definitely wouldn't sell that last section...
In that case, I'd save up to buy the complete HKS system.. You want the baddest GT4 in Hawaii, so you know you need it :D Plus this exhaust will last longer than the car, try that with a home made system for that price (Custom SS might be even more expensive..) :roll:

Abraxxa, In your vids and msn conversations you showed/told me that yours is about the same sound as the stocker? Mine is deffo louder and deeper..

//Zee-Roh//

theUNYTEDone":2qexf2qt said:
//Zee-Roh//":2qexf2qt said:
6th gen alltrac? You are soooooooooo lucky... *cries*

3rd gen. but i get what you mean.

(i ragged on syko because of this, once)

3rd generation of the 3sgte engine....6th generation of the celica chassis... :wink: You know what I meant. :smokes:

Razzo

You know what sound i love, when you take everything off except your downpipe. Sitting at a light today, soccer feild right beside me, teams are playing, the second i go from the light...i mean every single person turned and just looked, the game came to like a complete hault :D . I must say it sounds like a v8 at idle and when i hit boost, boy does the wastegate sound nice!!!! I'm looking at purchasing a new exhaust since the aussie took a dive for the worst, i love the sound of the hks, but what i really want to know is how does it sound with no cats, just straight 3''? anybody on this board by chance have a setup like this? Anyways i love the sound and i hope i can post the part 2 with a complete hks system!! nice install by the way, the rear crossmember is being a bitch to me, looks like 2 of the 4 bolts are stripped :(.