Considering buying an alltrac

maxaud

I usually contest tickets but this one I probably wont seeing as how It's out of state. if I was 20 miles to the east it would have only been $53.

The car was imported from Japan is considered a '91 All-trac (considered '91 because of its build date though it is a '92). My insurance says '92 Toyota GT4RC, but I'm going to try and get the vin changed so if someone was to hit it and have to pay for damages their insurance doesn't try and say that it is a '91 All-trac and try and replace it accordingly. It'd be pretty hard to replace this one w/ the real thing so I want to try and make sure it's covered. I went around trying to find appraisals but no one even wants to try and guess, one guy pull'd out Kelly Blue Book after telling him that it isn't in there, so I just kinda laughed and walk'd away. My next try is going to be a Registered Importer, they should be able to accurately tell me how much it'd be to get one just like it if not very close to it.

WarTowels

Hmmm, I think if I was going to go all the way to import I would have gone with a 94-99 body style GT-4. Now that would be rare.

Today's the day when he's showing the car to some ungratefuls... hopefully they leave it.

-Towels

WarTowels

I was avoiding doing hw, and couldn't stop thinking about alltracs.

enjoy.jpg

Not alot I could do with such a lossy jpeg, but I think it's an improvement. Feel free to use it, and I could make a much nicer one with some untouched originals. ^_^

-Towels

91sofla

If you're talking about the 93 that was on celicatraderonline.com, it was sold today.
I was also very interested in it, but was waiting until my friend could go look at it next weekend.
I wonder if the buyer was anyone on here...

maxaud

I've had two All-tracs and then I got ym RC. My first one I got was in Biloxi and I drove it back 2562 miles to where I live, the second was in Charleston WV and I drove it back 2324 miles, and when I went to pick up the RC I pick'd it up in Raliegh and drove it back 2700 miles to where I live. Look around and road trip to get one. I'll even do it for you if you want, you pay for plane tickets and gas and I'll make the trip for you. There is the one on eBay that's missing the front bumper and stuff that's going for cheap, It might be worth looking into.

that's if this other one sold which it might not have been.

WarTowels

I just really really wanted a 93. Hell I'd take any, my current celi is a 93, and I just wanted to keep it that year. And with 81 made, I'm pretty sure it will be a little while before theres one I can afford.

This one was was just just above my price range. That includes selling my current car. Gotta live right?

I'd get that beater from Florida, minus the "I beleive the head gasket is blown" and also it needs an lot of repairs. Doubt it would make it back to Maine.

This just seemed like my one opportunity to get one. Hell, it was less than an hour away from my home.

And I can't take any road trips except for thanksgiving, xmas, or my 1 week long spring break. Unless they can be done in a weekend.

=/

Guess I'll keep looking every once in a while.

**Oh, and the guy selling it told me I couldn't come this sunday because someone else was looking at it. I had plans for next saturday. So I beleive it. I'll confirm tommorow though.

-Towels

Denver_whiteST185

unfortunatly, you want a daily driver. there is a 93 in denver, but its torn apart and need a drivetrain. the body is in great condition.

92-93 aren't too much different than if you have a 90-91, they just have a different shifter, different A/C controls, and different taillights.

Also, getting one from out of state is an adventure too. then you get to really try it out on the open road and play with it for a few days before you get back to your house.

maxaud

WarTowels":2cfbhqfc said:
haha... 17 hours away... I'll think about it.

http://www.celicatraderonline.com/ab-sh ... 3661878567

Would be workable other than the damage... assuming nothing is horridly wrong with it.

-Towels

**Edit $137 plane tickets haha!***

that one has been sold for months now, just hasn't been updated. It's now only 70 miles away from me and the speeding ticket I got was on the way to that guys house to drop off the intercooler I sold to him. His name is deepsky here on the forums :) I believe he has sourced out all the body panels and it's going into the shop next week.

maxaud

Just keep your eye out, The one I bought from West Virginia was initially asking $3500 for but they talk'd me up to $4100 before I went and picked it up. It had 122k miles, ran great just needed a heater core. I'm sure one will pop up on here soon enough close to you that you will be able to get, for cheaper possibly.

BLOWNTACO

Just keep looking man. I found and bought one out of Pittsburgh, major rust problems, but carefully picking my way through that restoration. Then in March of this year I picked one up off of Autotrader. 90 model with 68k on the clock. Just keep searching...Jonstew even picked up a 92 with less than 60k on it! They're out there.....and they are found. Some in fantastic shape and some are diamonds in the rough. Bankroll your cash and when the time is right you'll find one!!