My GT-Four is here :)

sims

My ST185 arrived from Japan a couple weeks ago and then was transported to Winnipeg by rail, I got my hands on it early last week. I’ve been insanely busy cleaning it and getting everything in order to get it saftied and insured, it was on the road as of a couple days ago and drives spectacularly. I'm still blown away with how nice this car is considering the fact that its 15 years old. Its at just under 43000 original kilometers on it right now right now and everything on the car works flawlessly(minus the system 10, but its just a bad ground I need to sort out). Its bone stock, which wasn’t easy to find :)

I am a very happy boy right now.

Without further ado, Pictures!
(the paint is still in pretty rough shape(a lot of fading, the overall condition is great though), it needs a good claybar and washjob which will be done in the coming week, then I will get some nice high res pics up)

front.jpg

side2.jpg

rear.jpg

interior.jpg

interior2.jpg

dash.jpg

:D

The interior is super minty to, I was really worried about the car rusting well it was sitting for 6 months to be legal to ship To Canada, and then the whole process of getting here. I checked the entire car from top to bottom and there isn’t a spec of rust anywhere, the undercarriage is still red!

This is the first place I checked, and after seeing this I no longer had any doubts.

trunk.jpg

trunk2.jpg

Keep in mind, I didn’t even clean this area, this is how it arrived!

engine.jpg

Ya, I know, weak engine shot. Better one’s will come later.

And fiiiiiiiiinallllly, the cars first mod :D

wheelscloseup.jpg

wheels.jpg

17x8 +35 Work CR kai’s. I’ve never seen an alltrac with these wheels before, it will be my only visual mod so I hope it stays that way :)

They however won’t be mounted until summer rolls around again, for now its stock wheels and winter rubber.

I've got big big plans for the car, so you'll be hearing alot more from me from here on out, I've been browseing the forums for some time now, so hopefully I don't ask to many stupid noob questions. And yes, I will use the search function :wink:

-Ian

db

Nope, you have different rims.

I too want those Work rims, in bronze. They are sweet.

sikx5

Wow, Beautiful car mate!

And your choice of wheel....DDDDAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNN 8)

That is THE perfect offset and size, will look very nice once on the car. Did you get the WORK blue lug nuts as well? :D

Rene's gonna wet his panse when he see's this :p

Stubble

Welcome - and another Winnipeg Alltrac! Sweet. I'll be embarassed to pull mine up along side as rust is beginning to creep into my wheel wells. I'll look for you on the road.

PM with any questions too - I've ripped apart the engine and suspension so I know most of my way around this car, at least maintenance-wise.

sims

thanks for the kind words guys :) I'm verrrrrry happy with the car!

every now and then I wonder if I made the right decision getting this when I could have just as easily gotten an RC model, even at about the same price(older vechiles in japan are worthless, everything is soooo cheap) but none of the RC’s I was shown were anywhere near the condition of this car and in the end that’s what really mattered to me. I don’t know of to many Alltrac’s state side with the original 27000 miles on them :) the whole reason behind doing this was to get a car that was practically brand new. All the benefits of these badass cars and none of the disadvantages associated with starting with a car that has 15 years of wear and tear on it.

The RHD isn’t as bad as a lot of people made it out to be, I adjusted very quickly.

I’m hoping the wheels will fit perfectly flush without any spacers, but I guess time will tell, I looked around on here for a while before I purchased them and it seemed like the best fit. They won’t be mounted for a good 5-6 months, snow hasn’t even fallen yet for this year :(

No blue lug nuts, I think it would look funny on a red car, I was originally going to get a set of red one’s, but its already got the blue valve stems and I’m soooo not spending the $70 work wants for new ones.

I don’t even know I if I should mention what I paid for them. All I can say is that if you’re ever in Japan buy allllll the parts you can carry, everything is insanely cheap compared to here.

stubble, I live in the south side of the city, we will have to meet up one of these days :) I think there are 4-5 alltrac's kickin' around locally. 2 3SGTE's swaped GTS's that i've heard of as well.

any suggestions for rust prevention? this thing's going to be my DD year round :) atleast for now.

gt4tified

Duuuuuuuuude! Like wow....now I know how my JDM alltrac looked when it was just around that age! lol

Really nice...I'm seriously impressed that there are alltrac 185's out there doing such a low mileage.

If you got any extra stuff for it lying around, let me know....lol.

90TURBO4WD

8)
very clean jdm
amazing condition juging by the pics.
makes me kinda wish i waited a bit to buy a true jdm rhd gt4 insted of getting impaitent and getting mine right away.....but oh well

congrats on the gt4 keep er clean
:wink:

Stinger

Hey

Awesome car man! congrads :lol:

So you can import cars into Canada? hmmm so i could bring my GT-Four RC with me when i go to live there for 2 years 8)

sims

You can indeed :)

We have an import law in Canada currently that anything 15 years or older is considered "classic" or something like that. Regardless, what it means is that once a car is 15 years old, anything goes :)

It still needs to meet the provincial saftey requirements(all I needed to do was wire up some daytime running lights) but other then that, you can absolutely bring it with you. Where abouts in Canada are you moving to?

Stinger

Thats cool, so incase i decide to make the move for good i can bring the RC!

First i will be travelling thru the US for a year, then up to Canada to work (only for 2 years at this stage) But if i really like it then i will prolly live there.

I dont know where i want to go yet i have only been to the US so far but am comming to Canada in May 2007.

syko says

I LOVE YOU!..your car :D its so clean. one of the cleanest reds. (not many to be honest). i love the jdm foglights. and those rims are perfect size. anyway, glad its in a great home. take cares

sims

any reason why my pictures arn't displaying anymore? the link is fine.

edit. sorry fixed, Some wierd issue with my file uploader, all good now.

Meurz

D A M N :shock:

That really is a NEW car mate, congrats.
Like Shane said I LOVE those wheels, you'll need a 25mm rear spacer to flush them all round.

Keep it mint, and with JDM mods only you'll have a stunner, which stands out of the scene over there. Keep the pics coming too btw :wink:

@ Shane, I'm not going for those wheels anymore mate, have seen 4 cars in Holland with them on, not unique here.. :( Allthough my Rays are, I'll look into that stuff after the big brake kit.