Straight Intake

BraveUlysses

enzytebob":118hwyp7 said:
very creative setups :)

I still have my stock crooked intake :( with an HKS air cleaner sitting just aft of the strut tower inside the engine bay. I always wondered if it was possible to reverse the position of the vent just above it so that it would act as an air intake to suck in even more air and help the stock intake duct which I have aimed at the air filter element Has anyone done this?

People have done this but it is not helpful. Those vents are there to help evacuate the underhood heat, not to pull air in. Furthermore, it seems likely you would be pulling in water and more debris towards the filter, which is never good.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

Project Straight Intake

Well the guy down at the local engineering shop finished up with my intake. I have to say one of the best jobs ive seen. Cost me $44 all up, but i can justify it. Pictures speak my words.

intake1.JPG

intake2.JPG

The garden hose is temporary, and i havn't fitted back my original intercooler, with the welded on port. But we'll see how it goes. I need to buy some 1/2" tubing to finish it off.

The difference in my quick drive was staggering. Faster Spool, Louder Intake, and Higher boost, 1Bar set on the eBoost is now reading around 1.05Bar.