Raced a '91 Formula trans am

EVcelica

MOD LIST:
ct20b
full 3" exhaust
FMIC
custom cold air intake (filter in fender)
EBC set at 13.5 - 14 psi

I just got done advancing my timing from 8'BTDC to 10'BTDC.
So I was cruising around seeing if I could feel a difference when I saw this VERY well kept '91 Formula trans am. Black with stock crome rims and a mean sounding aftermarket exhaust. His license plate said "LAST 305" and he was pushing it for short bursts when he saw me. So I got behind him and did a few boost and blowoffs to let him know I meant business too. There was a lot of traffic but a few miles down the road we ended up staged at a stoplight where we talked a little bit and decided to go for it. While we are waiting for the green light and my DUMB-ASS isn't paying attention and I hear screeching, look up and its green and he is going!!!! Oh shit! so I quickly rev it up as he takes off into the intersection. I drop the clutch and What a launch - instantly blast past him in first. He was probably like :shock: what the F%@*!!!! I kept pulling further and further away up until fourth gear where I had a good 5-6 car lengths on him. Talk about an ass whooping. Down the road he asked me how much boost I was running and said nice run, we gave our thumbs up and went our ways. MAN I forgot how fun it is to race some random person and beat them, ESPECIALLY V-8 muscle cars. For the next hour I'm going Beatcha-beatcha-beatcha and smiling my ass off. Man alltracs are so badass.

NOTE TO COPS: this story is entirely made up, nothing about it is true. I'm just trying to look cool in front of my alltrac friends.

88st165

Nice one especially since its a v8 with some mods done to it. I dont know what area you are in but on the south side where every kid and his grandma has a mustang or alike sometimes you just gotta' earn the respect.

man, how many other alltracs are in the chicago area?

tw2

Thats fantastic, you cannot really argue with 4wd most of the time. Some may or may not have more power than you but you can always put all of what you have on the road.

nfn15037

slick1851":63tkbuyy said:
3rd Gens are sssssssssssssoooooooooooooo SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

DOGS!

Especially with the lame ass 305! You got lucky with that one, next time it might be someone with a 502 crate motor. :D

theUNYTEDone

i JUST foudn this thread...hmmm

anyway, good job! GT4 FTW!

i liek it when people give me the WTF look...heh.

also, that note to the cops was really awesome! :lol:

bloodMoney

There was a white one that I always used to see up near the kennedy and Irving Park... but that was years ago. From what I hear, there may be one or two lurking around chinatown...

-C.