FMIC Problems

donteatbugs

well that didnt help either, i dont think my bov is very adjustable, i put the top mount back on and the car did just fine, it idles at 20 in hg and 18 with the ac on, its the same with both fmic and tmic so i dont think i have a boost leak, how would i check for one? this is really srating to irritate me so any experiance or advice would help

theUNYTEDone

donteatbugs":kde49svu said:
well i have the greddy type s on my fmic pipingg noy and it helped a little but i still get a lot of stutter in 4th and 5th when im not at full boost...mainly around 5 psi, if i go wot it doesnt do it, im running 11psi max do you think that the spring is to stiff on the bov? or is the stock turbo not enough for a 2.5 intercooler pipes and a 24x12x3 cooler? i dunno, ill try adjusting my bov and see if it helps. and sugestions would be nice.

those are about the dimensions of my IC, and i'm on a slight upgraded CT26. same pipe size, as well...

if your running 20inhg on your gauge then i doubt you have a boost leak...what's your idle rpm at?

donteatbugs

about 850-900 after it warms up. and 1300 at startup when cold. about 950 with the ac on. i think i fixed the bov problem by tapping a different line as well. but i still cant shift into 2,4,or R. and the damn cable is 160 from toyota, and a special order item. im gonna try my afm in different positions and see if it affects it any as well. thanks for the help.

silence

I have dealt with the same problem...
I have 2 suggestions:
1. Do not leave your AFM sideways....Gravity can effect the flap inside, and either hold it open or closed. I mounted mine upside down because it would not fit right-side-up.
2. Make sure you adjust your BOV correctly. I have a Blitz, and had to mess with it for a long time before i stopped the stuttering....but it still does it from time to time.

donteatbugs

mine is sideways but i cant test it right now. my wires werent long enough to go upside down. i pretty much hate my car right now too.

silence

donteatbugs":3w57xu7u said:
mine is sideways but i cant test it right now. my wires werent long enough to go upside down. i pretty much hate my car right now too.

If you unwrap the wire loom, you will get more slack out of the wires, and you can mount it upsidedown.

donteatbugs

well its still doing it a little. i went to the audi 1.8t bypass valve and it helped a little. still wants to flutter when it gets bogged down and the turbo isnt spooled (less than 3200 rpm) and you give it too much throttle. after 3500 rpm you can do what you want.

gt4tified

Maybe that's just it...its easier to stall the turbo when not at full boost rather than at full boost...so maybe that's why it flutters at 3200rpm and not at anything higher?

alltracst185

i just bought the bayarea kit off ebay i hope i don't run into any problems like this!! but good thing my brother welds and owns a welder for the bov :D

alltracst185

ok so now i have this problem...wtf..whell i still have to get the bov on....did any1 cure they're shuttering problems for good?

SeanGTS

Well, I'll be running another turbo/exhaust manifold setup here soon, should have it running again by spring break. Will see how it runs then with the new engine and other goodies.

Sean

alltracst185

i just figured it out,if ur runnin a straight intake just adjust it to as far as u can to give the maf sensor some room to be sraight again and run a bov....hopfully it will work for u too.

gearhead313

alltracst185":25llyuj4 said:
i just figured it out,if ur runnin a straight intake just adjust it to as far as u can to give the maf sensor some room to be sraight again and run a bov....hopfully it will work for u too.

are you talking about turning the adjustment in the afm under the cover?

alltracst185

no,just put the maf sensor back to it's origenal position just lower because of the straight intake.(riteside up).it stopped alot of the shuttering.so hopefully putting the bov on will completely elliminate the shuttering.