Stock wheels......

RedCelicaTRD

As we all know, out stock wheels are kinda ugly. I was thinking about painting them but i wanted to get some opinions first. I was thinking about painting them a gloss black and have a polished lip. What do you guys think. My car is black so I'm a little worried that it might be to much but the polished lip should help some. What do you guys think? If someone could do a quick photochop that would be great!

toayoztan

everyone thinks my rims are ugly for the same reason...you can hardly see any part of the brake/rotor/caliper assemblies. If you did want to paint your rims or whatever, go ahead and do powder coating. Maybe a gunmetal with a polished lip for a black car?

Bryan

InitialD93

guy on c.net has a black 90 gts he did the same thing ur talking about and it looks really good... the rim just kinda dissappears and the lip shows up really good. i say go for it... black w/ polished lip and chrome lugs (make sure u paint the centercaps too)

SLC Punk

Paint them gunmetal..
If you paint them black and it doesn't match, they will stick out like a sore thumb!

If you paint them, let me know how it turns out. I want to paint my Sacchi rims gunmetal, but I am too chicken, in fear that they will chip and look like crap! :cry:

st165

I sprayed the bmw wheels on my at180 bronze....it turned out very nicely...i would def recomend trying it

shoteh

REDcelicaTRd...did you paint your rims yet? any pics? I have been thinking of painting also...did you all sand your rims before painting?..wet sand? no sanding?

st165

i spent a lot of time sanding and its defenatly worth it......

and shoteh, where in minnesota are you located?

shoteh

Im from BP you?...well white stuffs gonna be coming down soon so I guess saving paint idea til next year...

RedCelicaTRD

Ive got them painted but not on the car. Once you strip the paint you will have a machined lip so you might have to do some work if you dont want the machined/polished lip. The surface of the wheel itself was pretty ruff so i didnt do to much sanding. I mainly got around the edges and quickly scuffed the rest. And I'm glad to see someone moved my post :|