noobie all-trac question

Gary

BOV = vent out to atmosphere
Recirculate BOV = by pass valve = vent back to the intake before the turbo
There is no BOV or BPV that is bolt on to alltrac.
You will need to either weld a flange on the intercooler piping or use a T-hose.
Go here
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17324
On page 2, Wicked Toys has the flange welded on the stock IC.
I, on the other hand, use a Samco T-hose.
Both of us do not vent it back.

If you like a recirculation setup, you will have to find a way to plumb it back to the intake. (forget the stock intake)
On that same thread, go to page 1, Gary ST165 has a recirculation setup.
The air is vented back to the intake via a metal pipe (on the right of the upper coolant hose)

The cheapest and probably the best valve for our cars is the stock bypass valve from MR2T.
It has the similar design to HKS. It will not leak.
You can find it for about $50.

smog7

thanks for clearing it up for me. does a by pass valve offer any advantages over a regular bov, performance wise?

Gary

alltrac7":1rulop45 said:
thanks for clearing it up for me. does a by pass valve offer any advantages over a regular bov, performance wise?
On the car with VAM (flapper type AFM), the BOV causes car to run richer because it vents metered air out. The BPV does not do that. Other than this, the BPV is just quieter than the BOV.

88alltracohio

I was going to rebuild the ct26 and buy a HKS SSQV. The turbo has 150,000+ miles on it, how long do you think the turbo would last for.

db

My CT26 has 205,000 miles on it without a rebuild or anything. And its been boosting 15-17 psi for at least 60,000 of those miles. Proper maintenance plus reasonable driving habits go a long ways with a turbo.

db

If you treat it right, and don't have bad luck, you might have 60,000 miles left in it.

smog7

also just wondering if anyone uses an mr2t bpv on their car? anyone have any pics them? im really interested in getting one for my car.

gt4tified

When I put in my 3sgte (mr2) in I removed the stock rbov and put in an atmospheric one....only to realize from the guys here that I did a jackass thing by doing that...now I need to go visit that mechanic and hope that he still has the stock bov.

toayoztan

I have a stock mr2 BPV for sale if you really want one. However, it's missing a "1 way check valve" aka Vacuum Transmitting Valve (VTV). It's the yellowish plastic cylinder part you see in the pic in Gary's post. You shouldn't have a hard time finding those though.

However, can anyone provide more information about that piece/part, it's use, etc? If anything, i'd like to get one before I sell it unelss someone's willing to buy it w/o that piece. I believe it's a farily cheap part.

Bryan