Smoke a Gen 7 Celica GTS 4 times a in a row today

jlspec

When I got off work today (left at 11:30pm), I went straight to the gas station to pump some gas. As I pull in some stupid Fast and Furious racers kids saw my car and started revving there engine (LAME :twisted: ). I just pulled right in front their car and started pumping gas. They had two Gen 7 Celica GTS and a Ford Focus. Of course their cars were all stickers up and had those annoying exhausts. As I pump gas, I could faintly hear them talking shit about how they other can bet my car and betted each other by how far. I was going to say something, but hell there was 1 of me and like 5-6 of them.

So, when I was done I pulled out and left the gas station and drove up to the stop light. All of the sudden, I notice that the Celica GTS w/TRD body kit and some supporting mods (sounds like mods from the revving) pulled up to me and started revving like crazy. I was kind of piss already from the trashing talking and decided that I was going to shut him up :x , so I just slowly rev my car to my lovely 5K rpm. Light turn green and all of the sudden he was in my rear view mirror at and started to get further away. I was still kind of piss so I slow down for him and as he got up to me, I would rev and shoot my BOV at him. I could see that he was mad now, and he down shifted so did I, bet him again and again. Until the next stop light. This time I was revving like crazy and shooting my BOV at this stupid racer. Again the light turn green and again he was in my rearview mirror again. After that I just kept on going on jump on the freeway and went home.

Just had to post this, after all it felt good :evil: to shut those stupied racers up.

Griffin

Stock 7th Gen GTS wth a manual tran will beat a stock alltrac every time.
If he lost by that much hes probably either an auto or a GT

syko says

great job! i love it how people think they still can compete even after they got their share.. stupid racers. i remember when i spanked a 7th gen gts with intake/ and exhaust also with some exterior mods. my car is mostly stock, but on a roll to 50 - 100, i was a good 5 cars lengths in front of him. off the line, of course i spanked him :D

jlspec

He was a GTS, I know because I park right by him in the gas station. He was the 6-Speed because he I could him burning rubber and he chrip on 2nd.

jlspec

He's not the first Gen 7 GTS that I have betten, he's the first that I race 4 times in a row and smoke him. I've raced a my little brothers friend who drove a Gen 7 GTS w/intake, headers, and exhaust before and he lost too.

Griffin

Your friends must suck as drivers - I've had 3 7th Gen GTS and have also raced a couple of my firnds that have en any they are faster than an AT stock (frm a roll) when driven well.

jlspec

When I ment Ive betten other Gen 7 GTS I didn't mean only my friends GTS. Others I have betten too on the road. I believe stock Gen 7 GTS runs the quarter mile in 15.5 and the fastes Ive seen stock alltrac is 15.3. Don't get me wrong, GTS are fast but I've betten my good share of GTS to say my alltrac is faster.

jlspec

Oh let me mention my car hits runs the 1/8 in 9.6. I tested with a 10 year old cap and rotor +plugs + wires and a leaking throttle body connect for a ran 9.71 seconds. Since then I have replace/tune up the car and repair an air leak that was in throttle body connecter. I've notice better throttle response and more top end power. That's how I've come up with the 1/8 in 9.6 stock.

Qlynxer

I love laying the smack down on 7th gen celicas. I figure if you drive a celica, you better learn to respect the All-tracs.

Quan L

toayoztan

I believe the earlier GT-S's (the first to come out) were the faster ones among that generation. In any case, i concur the GT-S is fast, but it's really not all that in it's stock form either. Stock for stock, i would agree the GT-S is faster. However, it doesn't take much for us either to beat one off the line. A little tweeking with an mbc or some nice supporting mods such as full exhausts, and we're well into being good competition against them.

I've beaten a few before that had I/H/E. Maybe they do suck as drivers, but you know, when i race someone, it's me and my car vs them and their car. Who cares if the car is faster than mine, if they can't show me that, then they still lose and I win :wink:

Bryan

jlspec

I've beaten a few before that had I/H/E. Maybe they do suck as drivers, but you know, when i race someone, it's me and my car vs them and their car. Who cares if the car is faster than mine, if they can't show me that, then they still lose and I win

totaly agree :)

Griffin

jlspec":35f9an9u said:
When I ment Ive betten other Gen 7 GTS I didn't mean only my friends GTS. Others I have betten too on the road. I believe stock Gen 7 GTS runs the quarter mile in 15.5 and the fastes Ive seen stock alltrac is 15.3. Don't get me wrong, GTS are fast but I've betten my good share of GTS to say my alltrac is faster.

I hear ya - and its awsome that you beat them.

Stock 7th Gens will run the 1/4 in as low as 14.9 if its a 00 or 01
With simple free weight reduction, removing the muffler and air filter you can do 14.7 or there bouts

With weight reduction, drag radial, intake, removed muffler and a power FC the record is like 13.7 NA, but low 14s is very doable.

Mind you those numbers are with very good drivers, the average driver will not come close.

gpmarzan

Griffin":a2aqa6lc said:
Mind you those numbers are with very good drivers, the average driver will not come close.

I thought 1/4 mile runs are for fast cars and twisties are for fast drivers? :lol: :p :smokes:

toayoztan

gpmarzan":281grbnx said:
Griffin":281grbnx said:

I thought 1/4 mile runs are for fast cars and twisties are for fast drivers? :lol: :p :smokes:

Haha these days, you need decent drives to hit even decent times in a drag :twisted:

Bryan

Griffin

gpmarzan":3bht6gfm said:
Griffin":3bht6gfm said:

Heh - to some extent, but the 7th Gens are very sensitive - theres a good 1.5 - 2 seconds worth of difference between a good driver and a bad one on one of those.

vip09

I have a 7th gen GT-S and an All-Trac. My 7th gen is faster stock hands down. I ran a 14.7 @ 95 mph bone stock.. no weight reduction. Here is my slip.

n51204144_30486927_1687.jpg

With an intake, unbolted stock exhaust, and a little weight reduction I can get low 14's. Notice I said that "I" can.. i'm not speaking for other GT-S drivers.. most of them suck.. at least all the ones around here do.