Engine mounts

Gurr

Does anyone know where I can buy some polyurethane mounts?

Me and my friend installed some on his Sunfire GT and it improved his performance(expected) and seemed to make the car much meaner sounding on the streets. I would like a set for myself now :D buy am having trouble finding them. :shrug:

Thanks for you help

ChrisD

LOL

No one produces poly mounts for our cars. You can do them yourself though.

Custom custom custom custom....you'll get used to it after a while! :D

ChrisD

I think the TRD ones were complete mounts? I don't think they were inserts. If you were able to get them, I think 3 of the 4 ST185 specific mounts would work on the ST165. Fuzzy memory though...

I plan on filling my own this winter, along with my rear diff mount.

Gurr

Ah, well that's not cool. Could anyone inform me on how to make my own mounts... or would the TRD ones be better?

RIalltrac

making your own mount really isnt that hard. I made my own rear diff. mount of out of poly. I could use to do the same with my engine mounts. I used a poly compound from McCaster-Carr, I think the stuff I used for my rear diff was like a 90 shore poly, personally I think it needs to be stiffer than that, but I'm no expert on this stuff and have no idea which way to go to get stiffer(no stupid jokes) Maybe chris can chime back in on what to use. Otherwise all you really have to do is clean out the mount really well, cover any openings with the metal tape they use in plumbing applications and viola you have a mold, all you have to do at that point is pour and wait.

RIalltrac

ya thats the problem I'm running into. I used a writeup that I found a while back to do my diff mount, and its way easy to use/do. I just dont know the differences in materials. I have superpro bushings on the suspension and I think the poly I used may have been too soft to use with the poly bushings already in place. I still get a lot of bouncing back there.

silverarrow

Good luck trying to find someone to get you the TRD mounts...I tried all sorts of online companies, 3 different local Toyota dealerships(TRD supplier), and Toysport. None can get them.

etantshi

I filled my own mounts with polyurethane. Very easy and will only cost you about 10 dollars (of course my mounts were out of the car as well).

RedCelicaTRD

Get some 80 shore from mcmaster-carr and look for a writeup one the internet. Its way easy to do. Since ive got my 80 shore on the way i might take some pics for a very easy write up.

Heres the part number: 8644K11
If you dont go through mcmaster make sure it is a flexable poly...

RedCelicaTRD

80 shore is already pretty stiff. If you use a solid mount you will get alot of extra noise and vibration into the cabin. You want a flexible type so it can actually take abuse and not just crumble up.

Griffin

silverarrow":3sku02pc said:
Good luck trying to find someone to get you the TRD mounts...I tried all sorts of online companies, 3 different local Toyota dealerships(TRD supplier), and Toysport. None can get them.

Yeah - I think I bought the last set from Toysport about a year ago. Sorry :D

I'm headed there tonight to pick up some stuff though - I'll see if they have any left.