OK TX AR KS MO CO area meet !!!!

toayoztan

lol i can't believe just about everyone is backing out. Of course not intentionally though! I guess it looks like i'd be the only one with a running alltrac, except for Patrick. How's your alltrac coming along? I pulled a motor, replaced the HG, clutch, head bolts, head milled, exhaust manifold resurfaced, and cleaned up 75% of the parts in 12 days (having school 3 days a week). Given, i spent about a lot of hours during the days i could work on it. So yeah, i'm honestly disappointed this may not be happening. And we had a couple months to plan this too :p

Oh well, i won't be able to make it in a couple weeks, or probably anytime soon. School by then will be too piled up, and i probably won't be able to afford to go again in a few weeks either. I'll probably have to just meet up with you guys in the Spring or something. I'm still going to Dallas anyway because i'm hanging out with a few friends still, already reserved hotel for the weekend, and i just found out my cousin is modeling in HIN so i MAY get free tickets (crossing fingers!). I guess I can probably go to that now (though i always found them a little boring heh).

Patrick, if you're still up for meeting with your alltrac, then i'll still be cool with all of us meeting up. I guess we could check out my car and his. Joe, Keri, I wouldn't mind stopping by your place to check out your alltrac, see how you guys are doing, maybe if you needed help (if you comfortable with us being at your place). If not, understandable!

Otherwise, if nothing happens, then goodluck to your alltracs though, hope it all works out for the best! Let us all know when you do get your alltracs back on track and see if we can plan another potential meet. :wink:

Bryan

d1alltrac

wow, seems it kinda fell apart :doh:

I never got a chance to straighten out a few things on the body or install the ct20b or 205ic but I'm still down to meet up, at least for a little while.

If the local people still want to meet up even without their alltracs that would be okay with me, I think Chris got his issue sorted out so maybe 1 more running alltrac :shrug: I have alot of little things to take care of but if I can get a day to dedicate to it there shouldn't be a problem. Still no new brake lines though, kinda iffy on my brakes :|

The only thing that scares me are those emissions testing vans and my lack of an inspection sticker...lol

*edit* what day were we planning on? I'm going to TRY to get my inspection, I hope this guy comes through.

toayoztan

We are supposed to meet up Saturday. I'm still down with meeting up, as long as there's another alltrac there besides mine lol. And i don't mind the others meeting up without their alltracs either. I haven't checked out a 165 up close before nor ridden in one (only one i've seen is Scott's in colorado). Only then, i really just checked out the motor.

I've done quite a bit of "here and there" to my motor too, so if joe, keri, or anyone else is curious to see my car, that's fine with me! I'll be glad to show you what's done and how to do it (mods such as removal of this, removal of that, etc etc). Plus, Keri, did you still want to hear the bov's and the different tips for the ssqv?

Let's try to make one last minute decision to at least meet up hopefully, alltracs or not (as long as there's at least one alltrac lol).

Bryan

darthripley

we are more than willing to come and meet up with everyone, we'll just have to be in the MR2 or my camry. :(

i feel really bad our alltrac is down right now...believe me i have cried about not having it ready.
but in the same token, there are so many hoses & little parts missing or we know have never been replaced we would rather just do it right this one time than have the motor blow due to a $30 hose.
joe got the old turbo off last nite after fighting that huge 27mm oil line (i think) bolt. the turbo was beyond toast. it was leaking oil badly and not only that the hot side is all chalky white weird almost like burned up???
the shaft play is terrible both side to side & up and down...i suppose the bearings are on their way out & the seals inside too.

good thing we have a nice stock replacement that has very little shaft play until we can save up for a CT27 someday.

but on a positive note, our parts came in today and joe is picking them up as we speak.
tonite we're going to replace the HFH & HFHOE and start putting the turbo & everything back on. the old HFH on now looks like it could go at any moment.

we don't mind having ya'll come over to our house and see our alltrac. :)
i'll post how far along we get with putting it back together after tonite & friday nite. we were up till 3am working on it last nite.

our house is a complete wreck...parts, wheels, tires, bumper all over the living room. we don't have a garage, just a car port so the living room gets the overflow of parts.

Bryan if you could please bring the extra inserts for the HKS BOV that would be wonderful :)

so where do ya'll want to meet up? somewhere to eat first? around what time did we want to meet?

G-Zone

My car is fixed, escept that I need to replace the radiator hose and rear drum brake pads. I'll meet up still if anyone is going.

-Chris G.

d1alltrac

alright then, if we wanna do that I'll start on all the little stuff i've got to fix tomorrow. Good news is that its supposed to be a little cooler during the weekend, somewhere in the mid 80's :shrug: so hopefully my lack of A/C won't kill me. :lol:

justjoe

OK guys,
Talk about a lot of work.. sheesh.. I never thought I was going to get that 27mm bolt off. And then to have not 1, but 2 broken bolts when getting the Exhaust off..

I figured I would show you a couple of photos of the old and used turbo's..

turbo-comp1.jpg

turbo-comp2.jpg

As Keri said, we still have to replace the Hose from Hell, and HFH On Earth hoses.. clean things up a little.. and then get this sucker put back on the car.. I know things will go quicker going on, then coming off.. At least I hope so.
<crossing fingers>

toayoztan

:shock: Where's my post from last night!!

Dammit, ill have to retype it all out.

Yeah, let's meet up still, alltrac or not. Gzone, definitely should come out. Bring your alltrac too Patrick, and i'll have mine. Keri, Joe, i would be very interested to see your alltrac at your place, see how things are coming along, progress, etc. I mentioned in the post (that didn't post lol) that if you needed any help, advice, or questions, just ask! A lot and the entire motor is fresh in my mind as of right now. Fraggle, if you can make it, it'd be nice to have you join us too if you're feeling up to it!

My car is running great, perfect idle, timing, oil pressure, vac, etc. Muffler purrs and hums good, im loving it. No smoke either. The clutch is still a little soft, i should proably bleed it one more time when i get back from Dallas. But yeah i'll show you my car. If anyone wants to ride, i wouldn[t' mind. In fact, i'm curious as to how my car feels to any other alltracs, bc i don't know if mine is diong okay for stock or if it's a little slower than other alltracs stock and what not.

I think we pretty much decided we are going to meet up and eat, hang out, then maybe cruise and head over to joe and keri's (if they are cool with that)? If so, only thing to decide is where to eat. I'm bringing my laptop, so i can google the addy of the place to eat when you guys tell me. so someone down there come up with a place, and we'll meet up.I'm staying at a hotel in park central, and i don't mind driving anywhere to get anywhere either!

As for your turbos joe, that one does look pretty bad. I don't think i've come across my turbos being like that! About that 27mm bolt too, don't torque it down back too hard, the BGB lists the torque spec. You'd be surprise how much little torque is supposed to be on there since it was such a pain in the ass to take off haha. We can talk all about it when we meet up.

See you guys soon, i'll be checking here regularly to see what time and where to meet up. Maybe we should PM each other our cells?

Bryan

justjoe

I just PM'ed Bryan my Cell #..

Yeah, meeting up even without our All-Trac, eating, and then stopping by the house to see the current condition of the trac would be cool.

I know both Keri and I would love to hear the different HKS BOV sounds.. especially since we were able to get an intercooler with the HKS flange welded on from Simba.

toayoztan

Well it looks like it'll be Joe, Keri, Patrick, Chris G., and me (with my gf too). Joe, i texted you, but just letting you know i will call you tomorrow in the morning when i wake up. I don't know what time you guys all want to meet up. We can just figure it out tomorrow morning, no big deal. Otherwise, i'm going to hit the sack to get some rest. Goodluck on your cars, see you guys then!

Fraggle, that sucks you can't come man! What came as of recent to prevent you to? Hope you get well!

Bryan

toayoztan

Patrick and Chris G, you have a PM. I gave you my cell number. Call me and i'll let you know what's going on. I talked to Joe and we're thinking we should all meet up around 5ish or so. We'll talk when it comes time to meet up on where to meet up. See you guys there!

Bryan

Fraggle

Bryan, well my car got a hit and run last week leaving it with fucked up paint and a dented quarter panel. then on my way home from getting an appraisal ($1800) my throwout bearing decided to take a dookie on me.

no more alltrac for me :cry:

justjoe

Fraggle.. sorry to hear about the car..

G-zone.. we have some 185 used rad hoses that worked fine before we replaced them with OEM ones.. if interested..

Everyone else.. I hope that we can meet up again soon.. not sure when though..

As far as our car (Vadar).. We were working on it until Sat morning, and we got it all buttoned back together, and it all works. Unfortunately, after all of our hard work, the replacement turbo likes oil.. a lot.. :cry: We ran it for about 5 minutes and makes a nice Spy Hunter - type smoke cloud. LOL :twisted: :shoots:

Bryan and his girlfriend met up with Keri and myself (Joe) and we got to hang out, and compare All-Tracs.. And even hear the differences between the inserts for the HKS BOV. So Bryan, thanks again!

Needless to say, we are going to be selling that turbo soon for anyone that wants to use that as a rebuildable core, or to rebuld themselves. And start saving for a CT-27 uprate. :smokes:

G-Zone

Patrick,
Did you pass through Richardson today at 9:15am? I was on my way to work and my brother drove out of our block and saw a white ST165 pass by near our house, thought it might me you?

Justjoe, Thanks for the rad hose offer but I got my car fixed that next week and my car is running great so far. We should get another meet going with all our cars running.
I know this is a late reply on an old thread :) .

-Chris G.

toayoztan

Nope, i had the only running alltrac that showed up :doh:

Yeah i feel we should definitely have another meet though. However, should wait til spring, especially with all of this winter coming up.

Bryan