write ups on oil pressure and oil temp guages?

tw2

I don't think there is one but they are both very easy to install. As far as the electrics are concerned for the gauge lights it is the same as any other gauge as far as finding the appropriate wires go so folow boost gauge etc instructions. Electrical gauges as opposed to mechanical are much nicer to use for oil and water related things. They usually involve a grounding wire and a sender wire to the engine bay.

Pressure senders can simply be T'd into existing positions as they do not need to be in the flow. People usually get a brass T and put their gauge and stock oil sender on it in the stock position on the side of the head by the water neck. Ideally the aftermarket one should be on a tube and mounted remotely as they tend to break the brass T under their own weight and engine vibrations after a while.

Temp senders need to be in the flow of the water or oil (or both if you have blown HG :) ) to read most accurately. Water ones are probably best put in the water neck or in the return hose to the radiator so they can get the best reading of the temp directly coming out of the engine. I do not know where oil temp senders are usually mounted but the sump is probably not a bad place either in the drain hole or remove the sump and weld and tap a new hole in a sensible place.

I can post pics if you need any.

tw2

I don't have a camera at the moment so pics I already have will have to do.
IMGP2936.jpg

Between the pink and blue circles is the stock oil pressure clip and sender to the left of it. You can put an oil pressure T in the head here and attach both aftermarket and stock if you still want to keep the stock one. I am personally removing the pink sender to put my water temp gauge in, as far as we can figure out it is for the air conditioning which I do not have. Otherwise you can make/buy a 32mm adaptor to go between radiator hoses to screw your sender in. As for oil temp you will have to ask someone else sorry but I have seen people simply screw them into their oil drain holes.
FMICTbit.jpg

This crappy pic shows my radiator adaptor hidden behind my catch can to intake hose; it is actually for the turbo coolant line but easy enough to weld some material, drill and tap it 1/8npt for a temp sender. Hope that helps.