DYNO TIME! Performance Autowerks

killer_siller

my cars almost out of speed source (10 days!) and i've got dyno time setup at performance autowerks in plainfield, il.

http://www.performanceautowerks.com/Pages/Main Frames.htm

wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. they sound like pretty cool guys and they were very helpful and such, that and they've got a FLAT RATE for a base tune.

i'm going to be there at 0900 on 02NOV06. feel free to stop by!

killer_siller

there'll be pics in the speed source section once speed source publicly releases their gt28 turbo kit. until then they'd rather i didn't go throwing around the pictures. i do have them, and they will be up, just not yet.

btw - got to finally see that head in person (on the motor, with manifolds, so i didn't get to see the port work), but it looked REALLY clean, and i REALLY like it, so thanks again!

jonstew

Hope it goes well, Carl is still trying to get my car to run and idle so no dyno time for me just yet.

Is Carl going to be there for the dyno tune session?

What kind of power are you wanting to lay down?

What clutch did you go with?

saved_1992

killer_siller":iu6dyfz4 said:
there'll be pics in the speed source section once speed source publicly releases their gt28 turbo kit. until then they'd rather i didn't go throwing around the pictures. i do have them, and they will be up, just not yet.

btw - got to finally see that head in person (on the motor, with manifolds, so i didn't get to see the port work), but it looked REALLY clean, and i REALLY like it, so thanks again!

good to hear :D

killer_siller

i'm aiming for the magic 300WHP mark, but i fully expect more.

carl SHOULD be there for the tune because we are trying to different turbine housings (.64ar and .86ar)

i went with a SPEC stage 3 6 puck clutch.

apparently carl knew the guy that owned the head originally. in carl's words, "he doesn't do anything cheaply"

so the head's been blessed by the guru.

88st165

how did it go? i wanted to go and dyno as well to see what the ct27 yields for us 165ers but i didnt get it back from ats yet.

killer_siller

update!

didn't get it to the dyno; 935 forgot to order my exhaust :(

it should be in this coming week.

i DID get to see the car, but I wasn't prepared so i didn't bring my camera.

the exhaust SHOULD be in late next week, and then we'll get to see how it goes!

killer_siller

whenever my exhaust decides to show up. it was supposed to be in last tuesday, but it's coming all the way from australia and has to go through customs, so god knows when/how it's going to get here.

performance autowerks is pretty open with their dyno, but if i can get in at genesis racing, they've got a dynopack setup and claim to be pretty good with the hydra.

who knows.

i've pretty much given up on the damn thing for the time being. when it's done, it's done. until then, i've got a ZZE131 to keep me satisfied.

jonstew

Wow, I might beat you to the dyno, mine goes on the 29th of November. Best of luck getting that exhaust soon.

saved_1992

killer_siller":1b9yzs55 said:
that would suck! i want to be able to say i've got the highest output celica in the area for at least a little while!

why dont you make a road trip and you can borrow my aussie/blitz exhaust for a week or so

killer_siller

i'm having to bring the trailer back that same night so that carl can throw your 185 on it.

btw - i saw rob tuesday when he brought your RC bumper in. DAMN nice bumper. i'm definately going to be talking to him when i get enough money together to do the body on my st165.

jonstew

killer_siller":124smpnd said:
i'm having to bring the trailer back that same night so that carl can throw your 185 on it.

btw - i saw rob tuesday when he brought your RC bumper in. DAMN nice bumper. i'm definately going to be talking to him when i get enough money together to do the body on my st165.

carl wants to take mine to Chicago on the 28th to get an early start on the 29th...hopefully she lays down some nice numbers, depending on my job situation I "may" not be able to be there for it :(

Did Rob so you the parts he painted for the red car? Those look great too. If you do end up restoring the 165 there is no better man than Rob to have to it.