what can i expect...

celica_gtx

i have a 90 GT with a 93 3s-gte...

intake, 2.5 exhuast, basically stock....
i got the GT trans...

any one done the swap and got numbers?
or guess'?

i dont wanna run at the track....

to poor and cant afford to break any thing...

youlose1983

well, i've done two swaps

93 gt w/ jdm 3sgte
2.5 exhaust, gutted cat, intake, hks bov, and lowered with 17 wheels
ran a 14.9 on a 60 degree day

92 gts w/ jdm rc swap
full 3" exhaust, gutted cat, intake, custom stage 3 clutch, constant run intercooler water pump with water wetter, greddy type s bov, fresh head job, compression at 9.1:1 and turbo xs mbc at 12psi
best time was a 14.1 at 80 degrees

i'd say you'll probably be at about a 15 depending on how good of a driver you are. i would gut the cat if you don't have to worry about emissions. then get an intake, bov and boost controller of some sort... that should put you into the 14's

celica_gtx

i dont have any cats. except the one comin off the turbo. and i gutted half of it ...
i was bored...

i ran againt some srt 4 and won. arent those low 14's high 13?
his front bumper was by my back bumper...

i also races against my moms 02 maxima and it runs a 14.3 suprisinly..
it was the same story as the srt4.

race against my buddies swaped 240 s14 with my gt fuel pump and it cutiing out. and i havd a fender on him...till fuel cut...

did u have prob launchin/ traction at the track.?
i do races from a 25mph...

youlose1983

from a rolling start will help you win alot... i always launched from a dead stop. and yes there are traction problems, the biggest down fall to a fwd 3sgte.... but if you do if right, a bit of feathering on the gas to control your tire spin you can do pretty well...

i once races a gsr integra with flywheel clutch pressure plate cold air intake full exhaust with headers and a 50 shot of nos... he got me off the line but by the 1/8 mile mark his front bumper was even with my rear and by the 1/4 mile mark i had 2-3 car lengths on him.... this was a street race so i don't know the time, but he was supposedly running a 14.3 ish. i had also used a supra ct26 at about 16psi... two days later i blew the motor racing a vette... oh well...

youlose1983

are you a wide body or narrow body gt.... leather or clothy... system 10? trying to figure your weight... i had widebody, leather, system 10, with spare tire and 2 10 in subs

celica_gtx

youlose1983":31ztwnha said:
are you a wide body or narrow body gt.... leather or clothy... system 10? trying to figure your weight... i had widebody, leather, system 10, with spare tire and 2 10 in subs

GT HATCH,
the only thing keeing me weighted down is me and my rims.
cloth on the inside. no system 10, manual eveything pretty much which i like! :D

ive have notice feathering the pedal does help. off a launch

youlose1983

that'll probably help you a bit... the hatch makes your car a bit heavier than the coupe, but everything being man. makes up for it...

db

Some GT's also came in coupe form. If a car came with a hatchback and notchback version, I always seem to prefer the hatchback. (Mustangs, all gens of Celicas, etc.)