AEM connection to laptop.

pog0

Cool thanks. But I heard that serial to USB adapters suck.

Lee,

Nope, not yet, but just want to make sure I got EVERYTHING planned because I do not want to do any of this again or spend more money than I have to. With everything planned out, including a little fuel (pump, fpr, 550s, bored rail), parts alone are over 2000. Then I will have to pay for tuning.

If I save accordingly and make sure I dont buy any stupid shit, I think I should have it early next year. I can deal with an AFM for a few months... I hope. :D

Getting that G35? DO IT DO IT DO IT! Hahhaha.

Terboman

92AllTracTurbo":1olzq13f said:
Cool thanks. But I heard that serial to USB adapters suck.

Lee,

Nope, not yet, but just want to make sure I got EVERYTHING planned because I do not want to do any of this again or spend more money than I have to. With everything planned out, including a little fuel (pump, fpr, 550s, bored rail), parts alone are over 2000. Then I will have to pay for tuning.

If I save accordingly and make sure I dont buy any stupid shit, I think I should have it early next year. I can deal with an AFM for a few months... I hope. :D

Getting that G35? DO IT DO IT DO IT! Hahhaha.

Smells like a plan. AEM is good stuff. Who's gonna tune it? That place that worked on your brothers car?

No G35 yet but....soon, very soon (I think)

You think Edmunds.com is realiable in terms of future car info?
They have a page about the future Skyline GTR. Not not photochop either..a real picture of them testing a Skyline at a Nurburgring test track.
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/infiniti/gtr/100486033/preview.html
Looks like a widebody G35 coupe to me. Hmmm.....

However, it will have to fight off the 2007 Supra.
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/toyota/supra/100486034/preview.html
I would think they would be ditching the inline 6 config for a V6 (or V8?) too.

I don't think I can wait for 2007. I need a new car now. lol.

pog0

Well I got sick of the stupid VPC and the idle and little things that bugged me. I want a nice smooth moderately quick car, no noises or ghetto rigs or anything.

I plan to contact RRE for tuning. I would go to Twins Turbo but I prefer not to since they will be charging a hefty amount for a good street tune... Might be worth it but there is no way I can afford their labor. RRE charged 80/hr for tuning on the street, add another 100/hr for dyno tuning. So we will see what I can afford.

Just get the G35 now... even though that 07 Skyline looks bad ass, front end could use work, but the rest is bad ass.

Got any earls fittings left for fuel? LOL. Seeing what else you got. :D

tweekgt4

you want a laptop with a serial port. don't use usb to serial adapters/converters. if your laptop doesn't have a serial port, there are pcmia cards that have a serial port. that supposedly works... using the usb to serial adapters/converters causes some bad stuff from what my tuner told me.

Griffin

Definitely get a laptop with a Serial port - its WAY easier to deal with. I have had to use USB adapters for a couple other guys laptops before I had my own, and as a result I specifically bought an old used lapti0o just so I could get a real serial port.