Poll, Read the post first.

Will you be willing to pay to drive rare JDM cars? If so, how much you think is fair?

• No, I am not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. $0 ~ $50 per session.

• Yes. $51 ~ $100 per session.

• Yes. $101 ~ $150 per session.

• Total voters

akahai

Hey everyone, I noticed that many people on those car forums always talked about how they wish they can own or test drive a Japanese car here in the US. By Japanese car I mean the ones you can't legally purchase here without having to pay $$$$$$$, like Skyline GTR, S15, ST205...etc. I had a idea about getting a few of those cars here and register them as commercial cars. Rent a big parking lot and set up some cones (like a autocross setup). Then rent out the cars for like a hour or two per session so that people can test drive them. Don't know if people will be interested, so I want to take a poll and see how interested people are, and if people are interested, how much you guys think will be fair to charge for one session (1~2 hours)?

By the way, when you are considering the charges please remember to consider all the maintenance cost associated: i.e. parts for replacement, tires, location rental, insurance......etc. I only set the price up to $200 as I think people won't be interested in anything higher then that, but if you think a higher amount is necessary, please post it in the thread.

Now, go on and vote.

illGT4

You would have to charge as much as possible.

Insurance rates alone would be absurd. (And yes, you have to insure an event like that)

Not to mention the $ and labor involved in upkeep. Tires, brakes, clutches, fluids, etc...

Great idea! Hope it works for ya! :)

BanhBaoBao

It should def be higher. The length of time of each session is critical also.

Just think, one-session go-karting(~10 minutes per session) cost from 20-40$ depending on gas or electric, and those places BARELY make a profit(electric more than gas). You have to factor in gas, tires, clutch, etc etc etc especially since the majority of the people will be beating the crap out of the cars.

Does anyone have the lifespan of the clutchs that the mx-5 or mazdaspeed6 during the zoom zoom live events? I remember it was ridiculously low.

illGT4

BanhBaoBao":2borhqoq said:
Does anyone have the lifespan of the clutchs that the mx-5 or mazdaspeed6 during the zoom zoom live events? I remember it was ridiculously low.

Really depends on the amount of abuse. Typically we get about 3-6 months of hard hard driving out of our MX-5 or 6. (not mazdaspeed6) But it really all depends on whos driving it and how.

(Note: This is not on the street. I teach vehicle dynamics. This is all circuit or auto x use on very sticky tarmac. http://www.beaverun.com)

Red Rabbit

Im a tech at Mazda and i can tell you this, that stock clutch aint worth a dam. I actually just had to help someone push a speed6 out of their bay cuz a d*****s threw a racing exhaust on it and decided to go out and launch the damn thing at redline until the clutch went. Hell it only has 1500 miles on it if even that. Not to mention he has his own speed shop his father owns and now the a**hole expects it to be covered under warrenty after all of this. I mean you cant even put it in gear it is so bad and the. there is the fact that warrenty doesnt flat rate anywhere near where it should for that thing. Sorry but i had to vent here on that its been irking me for about a week. But on the bright side of things it sounds like a relatively good idea if it could be affordable and of course profitable.