what do you do with your Alltrac/GT-Four in the winter?

what do you do with your Alltrac/GT-Four in the winter?

• Its my Daily Driver in winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I store it for winter

• I live in a climate with little or no winter

• Total voters

sims

!!!! that sucks man :doh:

I would NEVER consider driving around in winter on my summer wheels or tires, thats crazyness.

OEM's and winter rubber as soon as the snow falls.

db

at3619":18a27en4 said:
this is why you invest in quality wheels... 5mph impact

Actually, that's why you don't hit curbs. :D

Most rims probably won't survive a decent impact with a curb, depending where you impact. They might not be that bad, but they'll still get banged up pretty good.

SuperWhite92

at3619":257vbzzo said:
Drive it.. straight into curbs that is...
Ill be the first to admit im an awd noob. my first winter with the alltrac running
:shoots: rage brand wheels

this is why you invest in quality wheels... 5mph impact
Tg for credit... hyper black enkei evo5's sitting at home, awaiting mount and balance

Josh, you should use the "Thumbnail for forum" box instead of the "Hotlink for forum" that way, when you click on it, it will blow the picture up instead of going to imageshack.

at3619

sims":osip6l96 said:
!!!! that sucks man :doh:

I would NEVER consider driving around in winter on my summer wheels or tires, thats crazyness.

OEM's and winter rubber as soon as the snow falls.
those rage wheels could quite possibly be the cheapest brand avaliable made out of something other than stamped steel, lol
dunlop snows for the new set. as far as the new evo5's, theyr just wheels, and not very expensive wheels although incredibly attractive :D And ill be a little more careful in the future. Eventually i will get really nice wheels and the evo5's will be the winter set. just need big dia wheels for the day the big brakes go on :wink:
SuperWhite92":osip6l96 said:
Josh, you should use the "Thumbnail for forum" box instead of the "Hotlink for forum" that way, when you click on it, it will blow the picture up instead of going to imageshack.
ouy, done and done

trialsmaster2

My GT Four stays parked in my driveway under a car cover for the winter months (until I can build a garage, that is). My F350 and my fiance's Echo become my daily drivers.

alltracst185

i store mine in the winter only because i drove it the first winter and it had a little bubbling in the paint on the lower rear quarter and after the winter it was through :doh: plus i buy some more modds with the money i save on insurance :D

sims

I went and looked at the toyota Hilux the other day and it was in great shape, so I'll probably be picking it up and storeing the GT-Four

i'll get some picks up when I get it.

Simba

sims":35xogu32 said:
Hey Simba, How much snow do you guys get in NY? one of the mods I was hoping to do this summer is to put on a set of coilovers, possibly a set of tien SS's but that also concerns me since even at max height it will probably become a snow plow.

Depends. Some years, next to none. Others, several feet a month.

I wouldn't worry about plowing snow with coilovers. You'll get the body or exhaust stuck on something before the nose.

If you crank the springs all the way down and use a 17-18" wheel, there's a good deal of clearance. With the 15's, not so much.

EVcelica

I store mine. I would drive it but the put SO MUCH SALT on the roads its rediculous. Cant wait till it starts getting warm again. No alltrac and no Yamaha R1 sucks.

teal185

I store both, a 165 and a 185 for the winter. A daily dip in a highly concentrated saline solution over a 5 month period is cruel and unusual punishment for these oldtimers.

FastTrac

I have my Celica in storage just because it isnt up to snuff right now, But I have a 2000 sunfire automatic for a beater, as long as the e brake in that still works I'm doing fine.
I do want to know if I should undercoat my Celica, I'm in Iowa and the salt and snow, and sand wear out a car fast. Plus I live on 1/2 mile of gravel. Plus I am about to move out for college, not much money on my hands. Any suggestions?
Getting a truck is fun, make sure it has 4 wheel drive otherwise its just like driving another car. So many guys I have passed that they didnt have 4wd, and I did. Until Later.