the journey begins...

91sofla

Well, I just bought a 1990 alltrac after looking for many months. I'm very excited and am looking forward to lots of fun with the car. The previous owner was on the board also. Here's the old FS thread:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8322&highlight=
I'm off to clean it up a bit today and get some better pics.
First things that need done are new driver's side mirror, fixing front turn signals, and refreshing the braking system--pads, rotors, fluid.
The car runs an AEM EMS so I'll have to read up on how that works. IIRC, a few people on here also run AEM so hopefully I'll be able to get some advice as I've never dealt with an aftermarket EMS before.
And thanks to Gary for all the help and going up to look at the car with me. I'm sure I'll be full of questions.

--Kim

Khyron

Welcome to the board! Is the MR2 a re-paint? I thought that color blue was only available in '93 :shrug:

91sofla

The MR2 was custom painted. It's a Honda S2000 suzuka blue with a black pearl roof.
Took some pics after I cleaned up the alltrac yesterday.
newtrac33.JPG

newtrac44.JPG

newtrac22.JPG

newtrac11.JPG

--Kim

pez222

Congrats on your new purchase, Kim!
I hope to have one soon... you know... just to copy you :lol:

GT4times2

Kim,
Congrats...You got the car off Marcus. I know that car pretty well. Glad to know it's gone to good hands. So when did you guys drive up to check it out? When did the purchase go through? As Im leaving the Alltrac world, you're stepping right in...lol..Hope you enjoy the car. Are you going to be at Moroso Saturday night? Hope to see you there with the car if you're coming.

91sofla

Frantz,

Yup, I'm planning to join you guys on Sat. at Moroso, so everyone can check it out then. Marcus actually contacted me in Aug. I believe and asked if I might be interested after seeing I was looking for one. After I sold my WRX in Jacksonville a few months back, I stopped by on the way down to look at the car (and also Kat's 93). We've been in contact since and after he fixed a coolant hose leak I decided to go for it. There were others I was looking at, but the cost/trouble of shipping or doing a long drive back were a negative. Gary was kind enough to drive up with me last Saturday and give it a look over before I bought it. Drove it back down that day with no problems.
Since you know a little about the car, do you know if Omar is still around? I know the AEM needs a good tune. It my first time with an full standalone ems, so I'm a big newb in that respect.
Hey, and nice quick sell on your ST165!

--Kim

GT4times2

Thanks. The car sold fast. Funny thing is that It sold off the forum. Now more time to focus on the next project(S).
So, around 3:00-3:30pm, maybe? As for Omar, I tried to contact him recently. I have yet to hear from him. I can try to call him. But you can also ask Pat to help you. He's running an AEM in his car and could possibly lend a hand. Im going to see if he's going to be there Saturday. So approximately 5-6 Alltracs going this time? That should be good. (Pat, Gary, Carlos, You, possibly Perry, and Brian's white one).

91sofla

Yes, they are different.
The previous owner said when he had the RC bumper installed and the fender fixed the paint guy didn't do a good job of matching the color. :doh:

Highway

91sofla":1tmq4r9q said:
Yes, they are different.
The previous owner said when he had the RC bumper installed and the fender fixed the paint guy didn't do a good job of matching the color. :doh:

I thought it was my eyes. Congrats and WELCOME!