What kind of turbo is in your car?

smc252

GT3071R; best turbo I have ever used.

Currently redoing the head to flow more air, but when I was running 8-10psi she pulled much harder then the 60-1 at 16psi and I had the turbo spooling about the same as a CT-26! Will up boost to 16psi then 20psi, should see around 400hp!

(I've had .63 a/r 60-1, 60-trim t3/t4, CT-26 all on the same engine, and none compare. I get spoolup FASTER then the .48 a/r 60-trim and more power then the .63 a/r 60-1 MUCH sooner.)

I have driven many other 2L turbo-charged cars, as a former performance mechanic, and this is hands down the one that puts the biggest smile on my face. When I tune my SMC, I will post dynos for sure.

gearhead313

smc252":1zstlwgi said:
GT3071R; best turbo I have ever used.

Currently redoing the head to flow more air, but when I was running 8-10psi she pulled much harder then the 60-1 at 16psi and I had the turbo spooling about the same as a CT-26! Will up boost to 16psi then 20psi, should see around 400hp!

(I've had .63 a/r 60-1, 60-trim t3/t4, CT-26 all on the same engine, and none compare. I get spoolup FASTER then the .48 a/r 60-trim and more power then the .63 a/r 60-1 MUCH sooner.)

I have driven many other 2L turbo-charged cars, as a former performance mechanic, and this is hands down the one that puts the biggest smile on my face. When I tune my SMC, I will post dynos for sure.

I find this interesting. I've never been fond of that turbo b/c of where the efficency island lays. Granted it will spool better than a std. .48a/r anything b/c its ballbearing. I just worked with an evo VIII with a 3071r, tuned to 11.1-11.8 a/f at 21 psi... I honestly think that my alltrac at the same psi would take it... it just didn't have the torque... i dunno.

Smaay

i wanted to go GT35R also, but after installing this 62-1 P-trim in my Supra. im going with that. spools instantly and cheap. less than half a GT35R would be. but i still love having my 35R on my boosted 7th gen celica.
Final%20setup.JPG

gt4tified

Smaay, you went with a single turbo setup or am I missing something? That gives more juice than the twin ct20's? Yikes!

warracer

IHI VF28 ball bearing turbo out of a Ver5 22B , its just crazy, spool up time is ridiculously short and pulls hard...
but I sent it for rebuild

Currently I run a TD04L out of a 05' WRX, It spools great, 2200rpm-2600rpm @ 18psi , pulls waaaaay harder than the CT26.

Mafix

pte5858 e cover .63 a/r all vband (w/ 46mm restrictor)
it's the quietest turbo i've ever owned. my bullseye was a screamer and the ct even made more noise than this