CT20B

Kyoto

After locating a CT20B and a 185 manifold to suit, having given my tuner a run down on whats involved with fitting them, he seemed fairly reluctant to do it. His reasoning was that given the age of the engine, the fitment of a remote oil filter would lower oil pressure to potentially risky levels. Not something advisable for 3SGTEs of my vintage. What are people's opinions?

MATT-S

I have just fitted a 20b to my 185, I got the ceramic type off a jdm st205 wrc. It is way better than the 26, I have noticed that it's slightly more laggier, but not a lot. When it spools it's sick, it pulls and pulls it just keeps going, the last 2k of the rpm range is transformed, it really feels like a different car. One other thing with this turbo, it is lot louder you can really here it sucking the air in, but that's not a bad thing.
If you can get your hands on one go for it.
Cheers
Matt
[/img]

BraveUlysses

I was at a tuner shop today in Tacoma and watched a 92 mr2t with an aussie dp, ct20b and a mbc @ 15 psi hit 250 WHP.

Simply amazing how much power he put down for so little mods. I MUST get one of these turbos asap.

Zomb

MATT-S":20gmrhe8 said:
I have just fitted a 20b to my 185, I got the ceramic type off a jdm st205 wrc. It is way better than the 26, I have noticed that it's slightly more laggier, but not a lot. When it spools it's sick, it pulls and pulls it just keeps going, the last 2k of the rpm range is transformed, it really feels like a different car. One other thing with this turbo, it is lot louder you can really here it sucking the air in, but that's not a bad thing.
If you can get your hands on one go for it.
Cheers
Matt
[/img]

Hi. If you have a ST205 WRC turbo then you will have a reliable steel exhaust wheel and shaft, as opposed to the ceramic ones found on all other Gen 3 3SGTEs. The ceramic ones spool at about 2500rpm... its awsum! the steel one shouldn't be much worse.

toayoztan

Just to clarify or make sure...slapping on a ct20b at 14psi (stock, right?) is perfectly fine w/o upgrading fuel (injectors, pump, or management)? I'd assume so...

no, i'm not getting a ct20b, i'm just curious (i'm getting td06sh 20g).

Bryan

BraveUlysses

AWDios":1ci2kc65 said:
What shop in Tacoma? I need a shop!

Axiom. 3875 Steilacoom Blvd Ste D Lakewood, WA 98499

I don't know if they'll do the kind of work you want done on your 185 though.

toayoztan":1ci2kc65 said:
Just to clarify or make sure...slapping on a ct20b at 14psi (stock, right?) is perfectly fine w/o upgrading fuel (injectors, pump, or management)? I'd assume so...

no, i'm not getting a ct20b, i'm just curious (i'm getting td06sh 20g).

Bryan

Yes, it will work just great.

SeanGTS

That is something to definetely take note on, your typical CT-20b spins on a puny shaft, and the exducer is of ceramic componets, not something you want going through your combustion chamber.