Interesting FMIC set up *pics*

Rick89GTS

Not mine, someone on eBay with a 165 motor and FMIC, in a 91 GT, automatic (?!).
Novel approach with the reverse-arrangement. Not used to seeing it like that but it looks clean. Thought it might generate some ideas for you FMIC guys :smokes: The link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2489889702

01165FMIC.jpg

02165FMIC.jpg

pepper

jlcelica":z2ac0o53 said:
hahahaha
yeah it's mine. it was a PITA trying to get it out to .

I hope you've got a remote oil filter mount on that... removing the turbo to change the filter would definitely get tiresome!

-Mike

jlcelica

actually i got tired of the car so i decided to part it out. It just wasn't fast enough for me i guess :shrug: . The transmission is all wrong for drag racing (gear and stall wise) and the car basically handled like shit. It took me a little over 2 years and something around $6-8k on it and i drove it less than 1,000 miles since i first got it running last june. I'm looking into getting either a MA70 Supra or a old cressida if i can find a cheap 5 speed.
here's a picture of it back in June of 2003 with the stock CT26

fb819f41.jpg

then when the turbo upgrade was completed back in June 2004.

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

and present condition

partedout009.jpg

i really need to get rid of the engine so if anyone want to buy it shoot me a PM.

jlcelica

yeah he's a friend of mine he was going to buy it but the bank wouldn't lend him money for a car a car with over 100k on it or pre 95. He tired to get a personal loan from a couple banks but the interest rates they were charging he could have put it on a credit card for less. So i kept it , and he paid for my closing cost and we called it even.

Zomb

Here is my home modified piping
499.jpg

it looked like this on the previous owners car
Malcolmsengine.jpg

dosent really show much dose it. The turbo has been clocked.

InitialD93

WOAH..... is that AFM post turbo and post IC.... is this an option and does this work...

If you put the AFM there, post BOV, you shouldnt get the stalling from reading air that is not entering the engine....

maybe im seeing this wrong or something but someone enlighten me

smc252

InitialD93":2iks1m8b said:
WOAH..... is that AFM post turbo and post IC.... is this an option and does this work...

If you put the AFM there, post BOV, you shouldnt get the stalling from reading air that is not entering the engine....

Nope, you'e seeing it correctly. But I will make this real quick, if toyota has it pre-turbo, then I would keep it that way, they know what they are doing.

Zomb

InitialD93":25o3nxn6 said:

Yes, afm post turbo. In theory it shouldn't work because an afm measures volume not density. So when under boost it should have run lean. But apparently didn't start detonating until over 14psi. He was able to run 16psi with a little av gas. :shrug: