Was there a 185 WRC car?

brad7771

And if there was whats the differences engine wise?

Like teh benefit of buying a JDM engine that claims to be WRC?

CMS-GT4

I would ask them more details about the engine.

There is the TTE (3sgte based) engine, which tends to run over 60k.
If its just a 3sgte from a RC or Rally special edition, then it is not much better then the US 3sgte. If it is a used TTE engine, chances are it was raced, and will not be cheap to rebuild.

brad7771

sooo its not worth the money for the CS RS engine?

Offer is something along these lines

"$2600 for 3sgte st185 WRC motor, 3sge tranny, and the new clutch/pressure plate/T.O.B."

"The clutch, pressure plate, and T.O.B. are brand new, the JDM 3sgte st185 WRC motor has around 40k miles on it, comes with all ignitors, ECU, and the 3sge tranny has around 30k miles on it."

Price possibly negotiable for $2400?

Sounds kinda steep.... shipping not included.

I have seen JSpec GT4 clips for as low as $2100 SHIPPED, this seems a little high but is it worth the RS/CS "power"

How much power do they make over the us car? The normal Jspec 225hp? or more? Anything special about the internals or turbo?

Kyoto

Im no expert, but if it is indeed some kind of enhanced 3SGTE wouldn't a 3SGE tranny have problems putting that power to the ground? The other possibility is the seller confused the ST205WRC?

OlyST185

i have an RC engine and i think its really worth the 200$ more i paid just for the transmission. THe RC tranny is WAY much better than the normal transmission. and the water to air intercooler :D

CMS-GT4

I did not find my RC gearbox any better then my 92 box. I heard that 92-93 got the same syncros anyway. I also prefer the regualr gear box gear ratios. Much better for racing.