Drag st165 Time to build a 5SGTE!

Klas

Thought you guys might be interested in my little project.
I will post all my mods and pictures of the car along the build up.

2548607_1_full.jpg

2548607_2_full.jpg

2548607_8.jpg
2548607_4.jpg

2548607_15.jpg
2548607_12.jpg

The mods so far:
fmic , 1000cc injectors
ported head and manifolds, Haltech management system
trd clutch, MSD Ignition
Eagle rods, JE pistons
Aeromotive fuelpump, Aeromotive fpr and filter
alu fuelcell, Alu fuellines
upgraded ct26, 3"downpipe and exhust system

I´ve fiberglass fenders and sunroof waiting in the garage, fb hood and trunk are on the way to :D

Right now, I´m swaping the windows for lighter polycarbonate.

More pics and info soon!

Klas

The windows I have cut my self.

I haven´t dynoed the car but with factory ecu and stock fuelsystem and cams I ran 12.577s at the quarter.
Maybe around 300-350 hp at the wheels :shrug:

Rick89GTS

Impressive project.
Where did you source the f/g body panels from?
You didn't fabricate them yourself, did you?

Klas

Ok :lol:
A friend of mine have made them for me, I just do small parts in fiberglass like gaugehouses and stuff like that.

theUNYTEDone

very impressive!
i really like your wheels.

whats the matter with your intercooler though? looks like you drove through a flock of flies... :lol:

Klas

theUNYTEDone":17tcdbuy said:
very impressive!
i really like your wheels.

whats the matter with your intercooler though? looks like you drove through a flock of flies... :lol:
:lol: yea, you´r right, that´s why I´ve picked this up today :D
2548607_21_full.jpg

The wheels are just for the look, not for racing, they are heavy as h*ll.

Klas

ST185pinjo":2h7w0zjp said:
What kind of CT26 upgrade? Fensport CT26?

nice project.

How dou you like the TRD clutch?

The swedish company that sold me the turbo don´t really telling me what the internals are or anything, they just keep saying it´s good for 380-400hp :shrug:

The clutch has been great :D But I don´t think it will handle much more power then 400-450hp though.

Klas

I´ve also picked up my new seats today. I´ve got the darkblue interior and these new seats don´t match very well, but I guess I have to live with it :bangshead: What do you think? Is it too bad?
2548607_22_full.jpg

This is the first polycarbonate window ready to be installed
2548607_23_full.jpg

marty

Klas":3mkgsdbj said:
I´ve also picked up my new seats today. I´ve got the darkblue interior and these new seats don´t match very well, but I guess I have to live with it :bangshead: What do you think? Is it too bad?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_im ... 2_full.jpg

This seat will look better in black I think, but also no problem with that blue color. I like your project much, I thing you'r going right way. For me is the most surprised that you have done such a quick time with a stock ECU, stock fuel system with big turbo and big exhaust. From which company is your 3'' exhaust and where did your buy it? Very good job, you'r going to be EVO and Scooby beater :D

Rick89GTS

Klas":3d4pziyi said:
Ok :lol:
A friend of mine have made them for me....

Hmm....too bad you're so far away. Your friend could probably make some good money selling fibreglass AllTrac parts to guys who want to lighten their cars!

Klas

theUNYTEDone":eiirrqmj said:
wooh!
what're the dimensions on that bad boy?
The "cell" dimensions are 23.6"x11.8"x3" This will work great with the garret gt turbo in 2008 :D

Klas

etantshi":3bhc72fu said:
Hell, I'd buy some of those poly carbonate windows.
The greatest things with polycarb instead of lexan are that polycarbonate safir withstand scratches and uv-light. The bad thing is the price :cry: I paied almost 500 us dollars for just the material, then I need to cut them myself and insall them too.

Klas

Just finished one polycarbonate window. First pic: Test fitted window and masked for paint.
Sec pic: Installed and finished :D
2548607_24_full.jpg

2548607_25_full.jpg

etantshi

I didn't realize those quarter windows were that large on the 165... you planning on doing it for the doors as well?

How do you address the curve issue in the stock glass? Does the polycarb come curved?

Klas

The polycarbonate is flat but pretty flexy, I had to bolt the window in the upper edge to get it in the right shape. The screws are the only thing that shows it´s a poly window.
The door windows will be a little more tricky, Think I have to mill an aluminium trim with the right curve and glue it to the short side of the window so it will keep the curve. Just an idea I have.