Anyone wana swap JDM folding mirrors for there USDM Mirrors?

GT4TOY

I've got a JDM GT-Four, and I really like the look of the USDM mirrors...and always see people swaping over for the JDM ones....
If someone wants to do a straight swap, they can have mine in exchange for there US ones.

Anyone keen?

CMS-GT4

Controls and all? Bother mirrors use different compnent to work, just so you know. I would concider it.

GT4TOY

didn't realise the controls were different. The US ones are still eletric aye? non folding I know, but you can still move them from inside the car with some form of control?

CMS-GT4

The controls look the same except for the folding button. There is some sort of device needed to make this work on a alltrac. I do not think anything special is needed to use the alltrac ones on the gt4.

gt_turbo

gus,

i have a set of usdm if you want to do a straight trade. and we just pay shipping to each other. but could you take pics of how the wires connect at the mirrors and at the control switch and the mirror relay. and a pic of the stock location for the mirror relay. let me know pm me if interested

SuperWhite92

Yeah, If you could take pics of all the wiring we'd love you forever. Converting from JDM to USDM is easy. Let me know if you want to know how.

GT4TOY

Looks like gt_turbo wants to do the swap...I'll take pics of everything you guys want while I'm in there...just post up here what you want to know and I'll get snapping.

Prob going to take them off next weekend, depending whens good for gt_turbo to do the swap.

GT4TOY

just a thought...what do you guys pay for the full jdm setup? just wondering as they are a dime a dozen over here, all the Z-R, GT-R and GT-Four Celica's have the same folding mirrors....might be able to help a few of you guys out....depending on how much time I've got free etc....

GT4TOY

SuperWhite92":js492wwe said:
Yeah, If you could take pics of all the wiring we'd love you forever. Converting from JDM to USDM is easy. Let me know if you want to know how.

I'll have a look at it first...shouldn't be to hard...but if I run into problems I'll pm ya if thats sweet.

GT4TOY

Gary":3mcv5thb said:
The grass on the other side of the fence is always greener :D

haha yeah...always the way!!!
Can't understand why everyone wants the JDM setup....your guy's ones look sooooo much more sexy on the car!!!! But then to me its different...so it makes it better

h8eternal

i want some jdm folding mirrors
i just started setting up my current jdm mirrors and realized they dont fold :(
so now im trying to get the ones that fold
black or red
let me know

Highway

BoostedBlueToyotas":j2e3563x said:
Holy thread revival batman .....

batman.gif

:evil:

cause this is cool....

image012.gif

db

It may be cool, but the mirror doesn't really hang out that much further than the wide fenders of an Alltrac, so I don't really see the point. I guess on a JDM 185, it might be a bit more useful.

Still, I like the looks of the stock Alltrac mirror better anyways. I'm not a JDM fanboy. :smokes:

SuperWhite92

db":1gexid1g said:
Still, I like the looks of the stock Alltrac mirror better anyways. I'm not a JDM fanboy. :smokes:

• Haha, that's the same reason I changed.... Well sorta.... I think the stock US ST185 mirrors are super ricey. M3 style mirrors installed by toyota. That's the reason I swapped mine. The folding was just a bonus.

Gary

No, they are not "M3 style" mirrors.
It's the BMW that install "Celica style" mirrors on M3. :lol:

db

I don't think they look ricey. I've seen them transplanted on an Eclipse before though.