Gauging interest for a November Vancouver Meet

Rick89GTS

Who would be up for a Vancouver Meet sometime around November 10, 11 or 12th? I've organized the last 2 Vancouver Meets, so is there anyone else who wants to organize for this year?

AWDios

If I get my wheel bearing replaced (should be arriving this weekend, but I won't have much free time to work for a couple of weeks) Then I'm in. I'll even come in my Hyundai, or if my girl has her 2.5 by then we'll take that.

3s_woob

:D That's all i have to say... oh and sorry Rick i'm going to get the things you requested soon... sorry again.

binkie

I just started to try and squeeze some bugs out (knock sensor last night, clutch master cylinder and cleaning brakes after that). At the very least I can show up in my daily driver, or hitch a ride with someone else.

I am definately free those days.

Marc

StranD

I'm in.

I had to miss last year because I went to Calgary for my BDay (November 10th), but the year before that the meet was a great way to celebrate...

A

Anonymous

I can plan this one if no-one else wants to, but I might not have the Celica with me. I also have a family member's engagement party brewing for that weekend, but don't know what day yet. This might hinder my attendance

How does Saturday the 13th sound?

Any ideas on what to do? Who wants to go carting again?

Where do we want to meet up/take photos?

Let's start flingin' the ideas out an try and nail something down.

Marc

A

Anonymous

Wow, looking like it might be a pretty big non-celica meet! :D

Zeus

I unfortunately dont know if my car will be on the road by then... if it is however i will be there for sure!

It will be close if it is...

A

Anonymous

I was on a while ago as a member but time and work took priority over the club for a while.

Any one remember Jered, who was on for so long a time?

Anyway Jered and I are in on a st-165 together (brothers)It won't be on the road for a meet, but we would probably show up and check it out if you guys have a meet.

Rick89GTS

Yeah, I remember Jered. He kinda just dropped off the AllTrac Planet for a while. Good to see you guys back again. Still got that white 165?

I'm good for Nov. 11, 12 and 13 this year. Can't do Nov. 14 though. Throw out some more ideas guys, those dates will be here in a coupla weeks...

Jered got married and his impulse blew up (literally)
I finished school and started working full time in a shop that does a/c and with it being so hot this year I was there forever it seemed.

Anyway, I back and Jered might come back, but for now we are partners on the white st 165.
Right now its in garage with a window smashed and the interior completely removed. The engine is going to be probably ripped out and rebuilt or we'll buy another 3s-gte and rebuild it.

But if you guys are organizing a meet we should be there

Zeus

shit man i remember him... wasnt he the one that spun out on our first meet?

and the nov long weekend would work for me too... its looking better and better that my car will be ready :) it would be very cool to have a meet right after i get it all ready

Rick89GTS

Zeus":1mdcod9v said:
shit man i remember him... wasnt he the one that spun out on our first meet?

and the nov long weekend would work for me too... its looking better and better that my car will be ready :) it would be very cool to have a meet right after i get it all ready

Yeah, he lost his rear bumper to the mountain.

The only thing that will stop the meet is apathy, so lets keep the ideas coming in. :D

A

Anonymous

Sounds like there's some more interest, now!

At this point, I can't guarantee I'll make it, but I think we should still start talking activities, location, etc. Is Saturday the best day for everyone here?

I guess arrival time of out of town members should dictate meeting time. What activities do we want to do? If there is a certain activity (like carting, drive?) we want to do, that should help decide meeting/photo locations. We have never done a senic drive here in Vancouver. Anyone feel up for that? Whisler's a little far for an afternoon start, but could be done. We could also do places like Iona Island, Belcara in POCO (this means Burrand Themal Plant Road where they have the hill climb!), Lighthouse Park, etc...I'm just throwing the ideas out there! Any other ideas???

Mealstops, etc. can be filled in along the way.

Marc

AWDios

Any thing sounds good to me. But I can't make it anymore, unless someone nearby has a spare hub they can get me asap and let me pay them back later.

XoDuzZ

Whats the official Time/loc/etc?

and I got a friend who's 17 who wants to come can i get him over the border ?

BraveUlysses

I can only make it if we had meets/activities on that Friday night.

XoDuzZ":1qlkm40n said:
I got a friend who's 17 who wants to come can i get him over the border ?

Yes, but everyone has to have photo ID and either a passport or birth certificate.