May be moving to Cali...need help.

akahai

San Diego is a good place especially around La Jolla/Del Mar area (expensive though). Plus if you ever need to run from the popo, border is only 30 mins away. :D
LA is nice too, but I will stay close to the coast line cities. Inland is just too hot in the summer, and traffic is pretty bad.

bigacuralvr

OK, I had my interview with him today....and he suggested that I live around LA. Not in LA, but within 50 miles or so.

This will most likely going to happen...as long as we can iron out the details.

I could be moving as soon as 30 days, and as long away as 2-3 months.

If I can get my AllTrac running....I'll bring her along. If not, I'll need to figure what to do with her. Store it, sell it, I dunno.

Just an update for you guys.

Brett

maxaud

maxaud":3gfyjl4o said:
will you be moving yourself or will you have someone else move your stuff that direction?
the reason I ask is because I can make you a reservation for a truck, trailer, auto-transport for a discounted rate if need be.

muneo

Near LA?

How about:

Oxnard
Oceanside
Lancaster
Valencia

Oh yeah, 1200 to 1500 will get you a decent one bed with gated parking garage in a decent part of LA. You can probably get better in the outskirts.

bigacuralvr

Cool, thanks for the info! I can live in the outskirts if it will be a better area, or a better rent price. I was guessing around $1000-1200 would be fine. Does anywhere have personal garages? What about renting a house, are those available?

Also, does anyone know a good place to search rental/lease condos, Apartments and Houses? I tried rent.com, but it was only giving me one condo/apartment complex....so I don;t think it's as strong out there as it is over here.

Brett

maxaud

have you made this move yet? What did you end up doing?
I can enter you in to the system and get you a cheaper truck/trailer/etc if you'd like (assuming you haven't moved yet).

bigacuralvr

Hey guys....Heres an update.

I am moving, and probably to Fullerton, or around there. I've heard from lots of people that Orange County is a great place for younger people to live, so I figure why not.

I got my pay all set away, and will have about $1200 to spend on rent. I won;t be home too often, so I'll also need a garage. Will this be hard to find? Does anyone suggest any complexes or anything?

I'm going to work for a large Hitch company, who provides most of the hitches to Uhaul, so supposedly they have "connections" if you will. If, however they do not, I will PM you Dustin to get me setup. I appreciate the offer!!

I will be bringing the AllTrac for sho, and need a garage, beings I'll have a company truck (Talked them into buying a Tacoma Crew Cab for me...hehe) and will need to keep the alltrac safe when I'm not home, as well as my tools, etc.

Anyways...and advise is appreciated as normal.

Brett

maxaud

ok, let me know. I'd like to save you some money if I can, and make a buck on the side.

I can meet and beat any other prices.

thanks.

lumbercis

No, No, No! Move to the valley! We need more alltracs up here! But seriously, it has everything you require, plus if you need to go up north, you are already pretty much out of LA so you wont have to fight hellish traffic.

Chatsworth/Northridge area where I live is nice, and not ridiculously expensive, or (and this is important) ridiculously crowded.

J.