The world fastes car with 3sgte

GT4times2

680whp? Please! He's making more than that. With the large Puerto Rican community in South Florida competing with the guys in PR, 680whp is not an accurate number. It's way too conservative. You have the 10sec Alltrac up here making that exact amount and running 10s. That Paseo's making around or over 1000hp. Factoring the power to weight, not even 680whp could get him near 6s. The guys at Hard Target are making more than 1000whp right now, and are not there yet. Close but not there yet. As for the use of MicroTech LTX12, versus running LTX8 on the 4cyl, it's simply because of the extra outputs. As good and reliable as the LTX8 is, it's lacking in extra options for hardcore racers, so some go for the LTX12. They are great systems though. And most of the 3S guys making all that power run the 5SFE block. Still impressive numbers. It makes me proud seeing a 3s powered car running these numbers.

RafaCalde

yeah.... i need to meet this guy cause when i'm done with school in florida i plan on going back home to PR with my car. then i let loose on the island being one of very few people with an alltrac in Puerto Rico.

Jay_Tech

Thats cool Rafa and yes you will be one off few with a true Alltrac here in PR. Let me know when you get here

MR2 Guru

GT4times2":1hmmqri3 said:
680whp? Please! He's making more than that. With the large Puerto Rican community in South Florida competing with the guys in PR, 680whp is not an accurate number. It's way too conservative. You have the 10sec Alltrac up here making that exact amount and running 10s. That Paseo's making around or over 1000hp. Factoring the power to weight, not even 680whp could get him near 6s. The guys at Hard Target are making more than 1000whp right now, and are not there yet. Close but not there yet. As for the use of MicroTech LTX12, versus running LTX8 on the 4cyl, it's simply because of the extra outputs. As good and reliable as the LTX8 is, it's lacking in extra options for hardcore racers, so some go for the LTX12. They are great systems though. And most of the 3S guys making all that power run the 5SFE block. Still impressive numbers. It makes me proud seeing a 3s powered car running these numbers.

Weight to HP ratio, tube frame chassis = light which = fast.
680hp in a +/-1400lb car is more devastating than you think. Via weight/hp estimation, that 1/4 mile time would be approximately 7.8, this all being contingient of the actual weight of the chassis.

Sifu

FWD 3sgte w/ Xtrac tranny bits... First import into the 9's too!
That paseo is still quicker!

fhalperformance

I havent heard of anyone swapping a 3S for a 2jz when it comes to drag racing. Ive seen quite a few 3S swapped supra's but that was for weight savings/distribution for autocross/circuit racing.

RafaCalde

the guys at hard target were kinda shady though. i met them at Batlle of the Imports last year in orlando and i asked them if the do rebuilds and i told them i have and old 3S block i wanted rebuilt and they were like "uhh, we don't work on the 3S, we don't like that block. we only work on the 5S's." from there, i said to hell with them. however their car is impressive.

SuperWhite92

RafaCalde":1a4s9yfx said:
the guys at hard target were kinda shady though. i met them at Batlle of the Imports last year in orlando and i asked them if the do rebuilds and i told them i have and old 3S block i wanted rebuilt and they were like "uhh, we don't work on the 3S, we don't like that block. we only work on the 5S's." from there, i said to hell with them. however their car is impressive.

Big power means you want a modern 5S block.

RafaCalde

yeah but they were flat out dicks about it. i just asked if they would rebuild my old 3s block. obviously i would supply the parts i want and they would just have to put it together for me(you know, balance and blue print, duh) but they wouldn't even give me the time a day.

SuperWhite92

RafaCalde":2jq4pflu said:
yeah but they were flat out dicks about it. i just asked if they would rebuild my old 3s block. obviously i would supply the parts i want and they would just have to put it together for me(you know, balance and blue print, duh) but they wouldn't even give me the time a day.

That's true. They should at least be able to do a rebuild for you.

GT4times2

RafaCalde":u59y5l87 said:

There's nothing worse than arrogance, and that's what kills business. I know what you mean. They must be busy with other projects, if not they would not act the way they did. Even if they did not want to do a rebuild, it's their right, but it's all in the delivery.