WhoaHoo! Just got back from Capitol Raceway

edv-tek

Just back from the track at Capitol Raceway. We had rented a private session there. Nice weather 73 degrees low humidity. The car did real well with runs. I started out with a 13.86 sec and ended up with a 13.55. I was between 97.62 and 102.52 mph. My 0-60 ft times where between 2.048 and 1.808 sec. At first I was shifting into fourth at the end of the track and then stayed in third and got my best times. Even though the tach was between 7.5 and 8.0.
I was pumping the gas to get the turbo spooled on the line and leaving at 5-6000K. The beginning runs I was at 12.5 lbs of boost and for my last run at 13.55 sec was at 17 lbs of boost The only alarming time was when shifting from first to second the gear shift knob came off in my hands and I looked at the boost gauge and I was at 26 lbs so I shut the engine to idle and got off of the track. So I turned it down to 17lbs. and did my last run. I did 7 runs. I had a 1/4 tank of gas and I added 2 gallons of 110 leaded race gas. They didn't have any 104 unleaded.
In the end all the damage I could tell was the shifter knob coming off. All I have to say is that if you take a car to the track you better have a heavy duty clutch and be prepared to run your car harder than you ever have. Make sure every thing is sound on your car or it could be devastating...
In the end I was pulled over on the way home and was given a state inspection for my aussie exhaust. So I make an appeal to the local all-trac militia to sell or let me barrow an stock exhaust center pipe back to get tested with and change it back to an Aussie again. Damn search and destroy units always picking the low hanging fruit. I won't give up!

edv-tek

JDM 1992 ST185RC engine 65,000 Kilometers (42K) w/ heat wrapped wiring harness conversion ST165/ST185RC

JDM ST185RC W2A TMIC w/ heat wrapped underside, RC heat exchanger and RC pump rewired to run constantly. Redline Water Wetter is used with coolant

Wolfkatz side feed fuel rail and ATS modified OEM fuel pressure regulator

Supra purple top 540cc side feed injectors

Toyota supra TT fuel pump.

Autosport Wiring Loop w/ GReddy Emanage w/ ignition harness, injector harness, pressure sensor harness(Need to switch out with a Hydra-Nemsis 2.5 soon)

Hallman Manual Boost controllers

Ported Gen 2 exhaust manifold w/ Finishline HPC black satin coating

ATS TD06 turbo kit with Tial External waste gate to atmosphere pipe, exhaust housing, down pipe w/ Finishline HPC black satin coating. Also down pipe w/ bracket

3" Aussie stainless steel exhaust from down pipe to rear resonator and tail pipe.

Straight 3" stainless intake tube K&N style air filter and stainless steel oil catch can

C-ONE Motorsport ECU

ST185 RC Intake Air Flow Meter Pt # 22250-74250

Turbo XS Type H 25 Bypass Valve re-circulated into intake

Magnecor Spark plug wires with NGK 6097 plugs

Silicon and braided stainless steel engine hoses

TwosRUs valve cover bolts

Spal radiator cooling fan and Spal air conditioning heat exchanger fan

Samco silicone radiator hoses

TRD 160 degree Thermostat

GReddy Turbo Timer

Drivetrain

SPEC Aluminum Flywheel

SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch

JDM ST185RC E151F Transmission (w/oil cooler) and Royal Purple Gear Oil

Solid brass shifter bushings

TWM short throw and height shifter w/ TRD shifter knob

ST205 Torsion Differential, LSD W/ Royal Purple Gear oil
Solid differential mount with polyethylene bushings

esracing

very nice ed i thought you would be a little fater then that though.
i ran 14.08 with misted 3rd gear at 17 psi at 88f high humitity.
if i didnt miss 3rd gear i should have done a 13.80

MrWOT

Getting an aftermarket manifold with a larger plenum and no tvis will do wonders for your top end.

Shaggz00

Ed,
I was just thinking, how long do you have to get your inspection? Because we can get historic tags next year which will make us exempt from all the inspections. Something to think about :wink:

edv-tek

eric- The car can do more than that. It is conservatively tuned(rich) but it needs cams, Hydra-nemesis w/wb. The way the car is set up it dynoed at 250WHP. With some tuning it could easily go up to 300WHP. Although I don't plan to race it much more I will if I get some cams and stand alone eng. management with wide band.

Avi - that would be a god send. In the mean time if I cannot find an exhaust i was wondering if I put a aussie centerpipe w/catalytic converter would it quiet it down enough. With a catalytic convertor I would be in compliance. And if just the noise would be a factor I could put any muffler on for the tailpipe and quiet it down and then just swap just the tailpipe out.

Willie - If i can get respect from you and your half trac, I feel gratified. You and Eric seem to be running neck and neck so I don't want be a distraction. Carry on!

Mr WOT - Do you mean intake with a large plenium, like a Ross or ChrisK? With the TVIS absent can you program the stand alone to suppliment the lower end? I have seen the replacement plates. Don't know much more than that can you clue me in. Thanks. -ed

Anyone out there have any experience with the aussie centerpipe with the catalytic converter? Is it quieter or more restrictive?

edv-tek

do you have a silencer for the muffler?
yes the muffler from Aussie? Am I missing something? There is a plate that is bolted inside the tip? A baffle?
I believe the way the cop explained it to me they were targeting or prejudging the car according to how large the tip is. And he assumed that it didn't have a muffler. But the exhaust is window rattling loud. My family told me as well as friends.
Through Aussie the midpipe w/cat cost $555.00 and the cat back w/ the twin tips cost $870. Thats $1425 for both parts + tariffs. Not to mention to pass a decible test at the emissions testing facility. But it would have more of a stock appearance and would have the catalytic converter. Thats alot of money just to comply. Maybe I can get some of my money back by selling the used aussie midpipe and cat back. Don't know how long it will take between the time I order and when it is recieved. I will check other options as well.

vip09

You should definitely be able to run much faster than that at 17psi. I ran a 13.3 @ 102 mph in my 1992 All-Trac using a TD06. I was on the stock fuel system and stock ecu running 13psi boost.

edv-tek

You should definitely be able to run much faster than that at 17psi. I ran a 13.3 @ 102 mph in my 1992 All-Trac using a TD06.
Agreed. I already said this. I was thinking more of a 13.0 flat.

I was on the stock fuel system and stock ecu running 13psi boost.
Yeah I could run that. If you upgrade the turbo it would make sense to get more out of your engine and upgrade the fuel system. I can look at the 2 and 3rd cylinders and start to worry about the ping demons setting in and starting to a hammering even at your boost level. It's not about boost it is about running lean at the wrong time. I wouldn't advertize that.