Maxed my 550cc injectors

Griffin

Well, I was thinking the supra 550 CC side feeds would be adequate when I built my car but I found their limits last night and tonight. Turns out that at about 23 PSI they run out of steam with regards to safety margin. I was pushing up to 30 PSI last night, but the A/Fs were getting scary so I took out 2 of the 6 washers shimming the wastegate and dropped my wastegate duty cycle down to 0 and I managed to get the car down to 24 PSI which is right on the ragged edge of 100% duty cycle. Tomorrow I will probably take out another 2 washers.

I guess that means I'm making roughly 400 hp to the crank though, as that is my understanding of the point at which the 550s max out.

Anyways 30 PSI was fun, I'm going to miss it, but I can't afford a new motor so I guess I'll have to live with 24 for now.

Moral of the story - if you're getting the big compressor for your modified CT26 and you want to push a lot of boost, get bigger injectors like 720s

ChrisD

Wow, well done...I think? :D hehe

What was your fuel pressure at? You do have an aftermarket FPR correct?

550's point of maxing out is pretty dependent on fuel pressure...on the stock FPR I believe most people can't get much past 280 to the wheels with them without starting to go lean.

30psi...wow thats a lot of boost on the ct26! :shock:

Trance4c

chris_dittrick":2wxh7lms said:
30psi...wow thats a lot of boost on the ct26! :shock:

I've heard some very high psi numbers on this board for CT's.. I think thats excessive as well

Zeus

there are quite a few good fuel kits out there...

wolfkatz one looks good... im using lb's

throw some 720's or larger in there and youll be back up to 30psi in no time :)

Griffin

I have the SS line and FPR kit from 185 Performance. Thats at 40 PSI.

And yeah, that wolfkatz rail and injector set looks great, I imagine I will be going that route when I can scrape together the money for it.

As for a dyno - I'll get one eventually but things seem to consipre against it - I was supposed to go Monday and Tuesday this week, but the shop cancelled both nights (owner had some personal stuff going on) and then last night I think the HFH Mark 2 or the headgasket next to cylinder one let go (couldn't see through the steam but had an external coolant leak in that area) - so anyways I have to do some teardown tonight to find the coolant leak and get if fixed before I can drive anywhere.

ChrisD

Hmm well you could probably get away with bumping up to 45psi though...but if you are running at 30 psi of boost, that starts to get a little high in the rail!

So whats the plan? Bigger injectors or just keep the boost down? Damn, just imagine what your beast would do with a bigger turbo... 8)

CMS-GT4

There was a mr2 guy making over 360wtq and over 30psi on a stock ct26. He was using an emanage. Power dropped off real quick though.
I bet WI might have helped him keep boost a little longer.

Apexi Intake, HKS Dual Dragger Exhaust, Aussie DP, Emanage, HKS cam gears, 4" Spearco Air-Air IC, 550cc injectors, Supra fuel pump, Greddy EGT Gauge, Stock CT-26 (Peak boost at 34psi, hold boost at 22psi - Wastegate open to atmosphere), simple 3 angle valve cut

dyno276.jpg

OlyST185

hmm 400hp with 550cc injector, too bad i was hoping hitting near the 350awhp with those...
ill have to get that temperature much more cold in the intake :twisted:

ChrisD

OlyST185":2fadb8xw said:
hmm 400hp with 550cc injector, too bad i was hoping hitting near the 350awhp with those...
ill have to get that temperature much more cold in the intake :twisted:

Keep in mind that if you had a more efficient turbo that allowed you to run 10psi less boost, you could add 10 psi to your fuel pressure and not put any extra stress on your fuel rail. I know many people that run 50-54psi base fuel pressure, with EMS.

BTW: wow thats a horrible powerband! :shock: