• its all about rally!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • occasionally

• strictly street.

• Total voters

ummmiono

hate to bump but i added a pole just wanted to know if we were like subie and evo owners and mostly used their rally cars for street or if we actually used them for their intended purposes.

EVcelica

She is much too pretty to play in the dirt. Though it would be a lot of fun. But I don't know of any dirt tracks anywhere around me.

ikcus

Before I took her down for an engine trans swap, I had her in the dirt and in the snow. I have a good friend who lives in North Eastern California and he and I hit up plenty of dirt roads. Some with snow, gravel, mud, and nice water crossings. He is lucky to have a Father-In-Law with 500 acres with plenty of closed private dirt roads for us to tear ass through. I ran some Gislaved NordFrost 3 tires from my Volvo and they did well. Next time for the snow and ice, I have a set of brand new Green Diamond tires to try out. As for the summer time we are planning on getting a couple of sets of Hankook's to try on the dry dirt and gravel.
Straights are for fast cars ... Turns are for fast drivers... --Colin McRae

And turns off the tarmac are even more fun!

ummmiono

glad to hear from my fellow rally monkeys. as soon as i get the a-arm back on shes goin straight to the dirt. i would love it if toyota returned to rally but theyre too busy with nascar.

Razzo

ummmiono":fwcylj3z said:
glad to hear from my fellow rally monkeys. as soon as i get the a-arm back on shes goin straight to the dirt. i would love it if toyota returned to rally but theyre too busy with nascar.

i thought they were announcing a return? i remember seeing a prototype rally car somewhere on this site.

ummmiono

just wondering what kind of set ups you rally guys are running? suspension wise mainly. woohoo toyota comes back to rally![/quote]

tybrinturbo

my suspension is dms 50mm coilover,
motor 2.2liter, autronic ecu with anti-lag, lauch control, hks cam, cs watercooler stock ct26 with 34mm restrictor, yoko radiator no termosthat
rav4 tranny close ratio, and cusco rear lsd

next step pfitzner dog box and news body st185cs

ummmiono

hows the rav4 tranny holding up? is your motor running the 5sfe blick to be a 2.2l? whats the lb/in on your springs? anyone else?

ummmiono

just got back from the rim rally. it was pretty cool except it was just the same track over and over. i was saddened to see absolutely no toyota love there. next year ill have to represent for the trac. but for now i had to settle for some rally fun in the teg in the gravel parking lot.

acylon

Still doing rally. Bought a ST165 in 1992 as a nice 80k car, built it into a rally car and did my first rally in 1996. Did my last rally in 2007.
-Cheers

WideFNopen

I am planing to run my 165 rally car next year mabey the East parts of Rally America 2008. I ran one rallyx so far this year to test it out but on the fourth run something broke in the drivetrain dept. during a launch. I was still able to pull it on the trailer under her own power but if I gave it too much gas it would slip out of enguagement. I still need to figure out the problem and fix it. It's great to see these cars still kicking around.

It's all about getting to the rally.......

acylon

Could be the transfercase on your transmission. You can get underneath and switch the leaver on the tranny to Two wheel drive mode. If it works fine in two wheel drive mode, then its the transfer case. I have broke a few of them. There are three positions, the position it is in now is awd, the next one is some nuteral thing, then the last one is two wheel drive. You just take out the small bolt and turn the leaver then put the bolt back in. PS, I have a spare transfercase if you need to buy it. Like $50 plus shipping.
-Cheers

ummmiono

btw about where is this lever located? has anyone looked into if it saves gas, because i would assume it would. always good to know if you happen to break a rear axle.

WideFNopen

acylon":2jb89las said:
Could be the transfercase on your transmission. You can get underneath and switch the leaver on the tranny to Two wheel drive mode. If it works fine in two wheel drive mode, then its the transfer case. I have broke a few of them. There are three positions, the position it is in now is awd, the next one is some nuteral thing, then the last one is two wheel drive. You just take out the small bolt and turn the leaver then put the bolt back in. PS, I have a spare transfercase if you need to buy it. Like $50 plus shipping.
-Cheers

I think that like you said I have a broken transfercase. I can't tell you how much I apprecitate your help on this. Do you prefer Paypal for the case?

ummmiono":2jb89las said:
btw about where is this lever located? has anyone looked into if it saves gas, because i would assume it would. always good to know if you happen to break a rear axle.

Mabey some of the half track guys could give some more insight on actually driving around in these modes since the service manual says that the other settings besides all wheel drive are for "service only". I think that Mafix has experience with both front and rear wheel drive half tracs but I'm not for sure. Here is an image off of celica.net:

MT-4.jpg
[/quote]