First Autocross

Balagast

I just had the fun experience of doing autocross for the first time today ... first time for the trac too i guess :p . Took a little while to get the hang of it, but by the end of the day i had the car doing fairly well. My car is completely stock, except have a JDM swapped engine. Couple things i noticed about the way the car handled:
1. AWD = amazing.
2. stock suspension is really soft ... rear anti sway = good first mod i;m thinking
3. Good tires are critical

I was a pretty tight course started with a slalom, rally shoot, another slalom, two rights, sweeping turn, and roundabout. Then it doubled back on itself. (times were about a min)

I don't know how many people do autocross, but its a lot of fun, and I was just wondering what people recommend for improving autocross performance.

Sifu

GTFour77 has some good advice. I can't wait to get mine road worthy for some autocrossing too...

2RM

Tommorow was suppose to be my first autox but 935 motorsports has faild me once more. :x

Sifu

Yeah with the boost turned down. :p

I'd get eaten alive but it'll be for fun anyways. If we had a proper track I'd probably try to get some road time but the one here is just the crapper...

theUNYTEDone

lol good luck with that mate. even with boost turned down, the powerband will still be similar, right (i.e. not low end)? or do you plan swapping turbos every time you run? :evil:

Sifu

I don't have much of a choice because we only have like 2 autocross meets and honestly I wouldn't run my car up by the circuit here. It's not called the armpit of midwest circuits for nothing. It's like Sears Point but bumpier and narrower.