An update on my car

Denver_whiteST185

I know, its nasty under there. What would you recomend i use. Just a pressure washer or some sort of cleaner. I want to powdercoat everything but unless i could do it myself for the cost of the suplies it would be too expensive

SuperWhite92

Denver_whiteST185":1d2g8xg1 said:
I know, its nasty under there. What would you recomend i use. Just a pressure washer or some sort of cleaner. I want to powdercoat everything but unless i could do it myself for the cost of the suplies it would be too expensive

DO NOT SPRAY DEGREASER ON ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS.

Other than that, spray away and then hose that bitch down.

darthripley

Denver_whiteST185":3w2p33rw said:
Thats like 40 pounds of crap thats gone :smokes:

you could've saved another 30lbs by putting in a PC680 battery too :wink:

nice to see the straight intake w/Apex-i filter installed.
we have one of those waiting to go on also.
only 1 question...is the AFM in sideways?
i've read that it can mess things up if it's not flat :shrug:

Denver_whiteST185

sikx5":1wrhifq3 said:
Looking good mate, just clean up the engine bay a little more 8)

thats the plan :)

shaun also makes the point i was thinking about with the battery. If i want to, ill get a smaller one for racing only. Plus my hookup got me the battery for $100 flat. And i can sell my other one since it was new.

As for the afm being sideways its the only way itll fit and according to dustin itll be fine

darthripley

SuperWhite92":161t63ft said:
Good luck getting a pc680 to start in a colorado winter though :)

i didn't even think of that...sorry :oops:

it gets cold here in the winter, but i guess not cold enough to make a PC680 poop out since the MR2's has lasted thru many winters :)

Denver_whiteST185

darthripley":9dy7oboh said:
it gets cold here in the winter

im sorry but i chuckled at this. Look at the picture of my car buried in my gallery and you can little idea about how bad it gets here sometimes. Last winter we had over 2 1/2 months of consecutive days with snow on the ground. However last winter was particularly bad.

darthripley

haha that's ok. i suppose i should say it gets cold here to me.
we get temps in the teens-20s-30s, no snow, but the humidity stays high so the cold can be bone chilling (again to me)
we only get ice/sleet/freezing rain/little snow a few times a year, but it is just different here & i am glad of that :)

Denver_whiteST185

Eh its been tweked a little more recently :D

id rrather just show you guys the pieces when they are actually on my car. My "plans" are more of a checklist

as for my car it would be finished this sunday but i got scamed with a fake bov so i need to get that sorted out with the seller amd get a different one.

Denver_whiteST185

theUNYTEDone":3tcnjg1b said:
damn, sorry to hear that mate.
so do i get a copy of the tweaked list sent to me? :D

email me with what you have and we'll see ;)

my battery kit is compleatly installed now along with the eighth circle of hell known as the clutch line (the 9th circle is reserved for the 3 infamous coolant lines). Also did simbas home depot mod for the speedsource crossmember mounts, some rubber washers which will hopefully eliminate some of the vibration.

i guess the only thing left is the ss brake lines and the bov. Ive got a bunch of pics ill post up next week.

Denver_whiteST185

It runs. I started it yesterday and sounds good.

it was however short lived. The bayareaaAT throttle inlet promply blew apart at 8psi. It wasnt even welded, it looks like it was superglued. Between him shorting me on tbolt clamps, giving me the wrong silicone adapter for my intake, and some of the pipes were slightly bent when i got them, im pretty disapointed in his products. Now this?

Luckly a local mr2 guy is willing to let me borrow his, so ill grab his stock one tonight. The radiator works wonderfully too.

Sifu

Denver_whiteST185":2srqu0j7 said:
It runs. I started it yesterday and sounds good.

it was however short lived. The bayareaaAT throttle inlet promply blew apart at 8psi. It wasnt even welded, it looks like it was superglued. Between him shorting me on tbolt clamps, giving me the wrong silicone adapter for my intake, and some of the pipes were slightly bent when i got them, im pretty disapointed in his products. Now this?

Luckly a local mr2 guy is willing to let me borrow one, so ill grab his stock one tonight. The radiator works wonderfully too.
WOW! NOT GOOD!