value of an Alltrac

gpmarzan

I say if its running, around 1000-1500, and a non running should be less than 1g. Though it really depends on how bad the body/frame is. If its all rusted, then i wouldnt even buy it. Remember, replacing an engine is cheaper/easier than fixing rusted up components. My .02

vip09

gpmarzan":1t5ihvmd said:
I say if its running, around 1000-1500, and a non running should be less than 1g. Though it really depends on how bad the body/frame is. If its all rusted, then i wouldnt even buy it. Remember, replacing an engine is cheaper/easier than fixing rusted up components. My .02

I can vouch for that. If you are thinking of buying a rust bucket.. check out my project alltrac thread. I picked up my rusted 92 alltrac not running with blown head gasket for 1g

WarTowels

I almost bought an alltrac today, a 92 dead engine, rusty, body damage. It sold for $800, I offered $550 and my offer was accepted until the higher bid came in and then he sold it. =/

I want a rusty dead alltrac for $1000!

-Towels

Gary

WarTowels":32btwm8z said:
I almost bought an alltrac today, a 92 dead engine, rusty, body damage. It sold for $800, I offered $550 and my offer was accepted until the higher bid came in and then he sold it. =/

I want a rusty dead alltrac for $1000!

-Towels
Actually, it wasn't that bad.
We towed it out on Sunday.

WarTowels

I can't beleive it. I CANNOT BELEIVE IT.

My offer was accepted. I was making arrangements to tow the car, and then I get a PM from Ross saying someone made a higher offer. I inquired about this car three months ago, and you pick it up with the bat of an eye. With a 93 Black alltrac waiting at home. That car was 50 minutes from me, I even had storage all set up.

I'm so angry right now, Im at a loss of words.

turbocelica

id calm down a little bit man that happens all the time i would have sold it to the guy who offered more too, thats why u send a downpayment it would have solved the problem.

Gary

No, not me. I did not buy the car.
But like Steve said, it happens all the times.
It actually happened to me years ago.
You need to act fast if you think it's a good deal.
Sorry about that man. :shrug:

WarTowels

I thought I was. My offer was accepted, I was a phone call away from calling the tow company, and also driving home from NY to ME. I was waiting for confirmation on Thursday from Ross to tow it on Friday. No such confirmation came, and when I contacted him he told me a higher offer had come in.

This is the second time this has happened to me =/

Each time, I get so excited. I couldn't sleep last night, and when I did... I had a dream about the boston alltrac. :shock: However, later I had a dream about zombies. Not sure if thats related.

In the mean time I think im going to purge my alltrac fund to vent my sadness. Picking up new rotors and brakes, and new tires for the GT. Also going to buy a paint gun and compressor. That should deplete my savings. This summer, I'll replenish and double what it is now.

That'll give me... $1,400!

-Towels