I'm now in the full 3" club...

Stubble

3" exhaust that is.
Aussie DP and MP have been on for a year; I finally got around to putting on the HKS Silent Hi-power. (p/n 31019-AT009) C$750 from Speed Factor in Winnipeg.
hkscatback1dc4.jpg

rearsection1gq5.jpg

Toyota wanted $30 for a new rubber insert. Mine went missing some time ago, so I have this ghetto solution of rolled up rubber.
resonatormount2bi1.jpg

First impressions - Fitment is excellent. The ghetto mount near the resonator actually helped with side-to-side positioning, which helped with clearance over the rear subframe. No problem with clearance over the rear crossmember.

The sound is great, especially at idle. I'm not sold on the look though. Much too ricey for my tastes.

gpmarzan

Looks good. Im also not into the look of my motoria muffler, which almost looks like your canister. I liked how my old magnaflow muffler looked, with the oval shape and 4" short tip. Looked very clean. I think I definately added some rice points for how the motoria looks on my car.

Autobot

Looks good. Haven't been to Speed Factor since I bought my ST185, I wonder what else parts they can get a hold of for our cars.

sims

I just get my tires through them, Matt's a good guy.

http://www.speedfactorracing.com

their primarly a Honda shop, but so is anything local :cry:

No whiteline or TWM, I asked list time I was their.

they qouted me about 1850Cnd for a set of Tein SS for our cars.

Stubble

Speedfactor can get everything that jrponline.com can get, since they distribute for them. I've only bought a couple HKS parts there, but the experience was good...with the exception of HKS pricing. "You want how much for a head gasket?"

ishmael.7

Hello. I am planning on buying this exhaust. It says japan spec even though mine is USDM will it still fit? I am guessing yes but I just wanna make sure

Update. I just ordered it, I hope it fits.

CSAlltrac

It's beautiful! Nice and shiny. Wish mine was like that still, my HKS can is scraped from the previous owner. Someday I want to replace just that.
ishmael.7":3sfpaycs said:
Hello. I am planning on buying this exhaust. It says japan spec even though mine is USDM will it still fit? I am guessing yes but I just wanna make sure

Update. I just ordered it, I hope it fits.
It will fit fine, you will love it.

warracer

little to no restriction in the exhaust system can cause boost creep, since the turbo is acheiving boost easily with the impeller. Its almost running freely with little to no restriction, the wastegate can't keep up and thus, boost creep.

Meenya

It also appears that cheap ebay DPs don't allow the wastegate to open completely and therefore making boost creep even more likely to occur.

Chuck.hudson

Yea I ran into that problem myself. All you have to do is open up the holes where the dp bolts to the turbo and it will give you enough play to adjust the dp so the wastegate doesn't hit it. Now will the dp crack cause its cheaply made? Time will tell.